• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm a little lost on what to do socially.

AutonomousLoner

I didn't really know where else to post this. Basically, I've recently come to terms that I have Aspergers and also more recently been put in a situation where I don't have any friends.
I won't go into specifics on that, but basically making new friends has been... difficult since I don't really know how to go about it. Trying to come up with conversations always leads to me struggling to keep up with the conversations, either from me or the other person involved.
I want to learn about bettering myself to become more sociable again and to learn more about Aspergers. Generally, I know next to nothing about it and how to basically go about life with it. I was diagnosed at a very young age and my parents, as far as I know, don't have any paper work on the diagnosis.
Would anybody where know the best place to start would be to learn?

Would anybody where know the best place to start would be to learn?
This forum :) There are numerous books written on the subject, but this is a good place to learn about it from people who are well informed about autism/Asperger's, from an insider's point of view.

New Threads

Top Bottom