• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you have an Amazon Echo, what song did you last ask her to play?

I don't own an Echo. I've never even seen one. I've never really had the desire to own one. I think one reason is that Amazon already knows too much about my life.

Do you find that it enhances your quality of life? Now that you own one, would you miss it if it broke?

I don't own an Echo. I've never even seen one. I've never really had the desire to own one. I think one reason is that Amazon already knows too much about my life.

Do you find that it enhances your quality of life? Now that you own one, would you miss it if it broke?

Meh, I got one for Christmas last year because I specifically asked for it.

My Brother has one, and we bought my Mum one for her Birthday last year.

I love it, it knows almost every song I ever want to play.

As for Amazon knowing everything about your life, that's kind of yer own fault for telling them... I've been a very loyal Amazon UK customer for years, never had any problems with privacy, they only send me emails when I buy stuff.

Not really. At the least for me it functions as a device that sets alarms and reminders.

I've only got an echo dot and the speaker on it is a bit rubbish so I like to connect it to my Denon Ceol stereo system. Only problem is Alexia has no idea how to pronounce "Ceol" so it's a pain to do it. Also, if I'm in my bedroom I tend to be on my computer, it's a lot easier for me to just play music with a few clicks than to try to think of a piece of music, get Alexia to connect to my stereo and then ask her to play it.

I've only got an echo dot and the speaker on it is a bit rubbish so I like to connect it to my Denon Ceol stereo system. Only problem is Alexia has no idea how to pronounce "Ceol" so it's a pain to do it. Also, if I'm in my bedroom I tend to be on my computer, it's a lot easier for me to just play music with a few clicks than to try to think of a piece of music, get Alexia to connect to my stereo and then ask her to play it.

That would be intriguing if you could get Alexa to accept verbal programming commands to create your own verbal macros that could execute commands with single words. Kind of like training a dog. :cool:

Love the use of Echo with a decent audio system though. Even for MP3 files, much better sound. :cool::cool:

Which makes you wonder why a mega retailer like Amazon doesn't simply come out with its own high-quality receiver with Alexa built into it. No differently than those which had Sirius/XM capability. Then again this may already be on their drawing boards.

That would be intriguing if you could get Alexa to accept verbal programming commands to create your own verbal macros that could execute commands with single words. Kind of like training a dog. :cool:

Love the use of Echo with a decent audio system though. Even for MP3 files, much better sound. :cool::cool:

Which makes you wonder why a mega retailer like Amazon doesn't simply come out with its own high-quality receiver with Alexa built into it. No differently than those which had Sirius/XM capability. Then again this may already be on their drawing boards.

Echo Dot anyone? Same kind of thing as the Google product, and cheaper than a proper Echo device.

New Threads

Top Bottom