• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you could time travel, what year or period of your life would you go back to?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Above.

Me? I'd go back to early to mid 1991, particularly Valentine's Day that year, fell on a Tuesday as I recall, and my ex at school kind of "proposed" to me, she said "Are we getting married then?", and me being about 14 going on 15 said, "Ooh I don't know", if I could go back to that moment, I'd have said "Yeah go on then" or something like that, but would we still be together 27 years on? Probably not, I would probably have done time for beating up her annoying Brother.

More importantly, knowing what I do now, I would've done considerably better in my GCSE exams that June, OK if I'd failed Science again it wouldn't matter, I just needed to pass Maths, as 27 years later I can't get a job even for an entry level "Office Gofer" because I don't have at least a C in Maths.

Anyway, how about you guys? When would you go back to? Or would you even go forward in time?

This is all based on a post I saw on Facebook last week, made me think.

Last edited:
I sometimes want to go back to high-school, late 80's, just so I could buy some really nice pajamas and wear them as my school "uniform". And maybe go to prom so I could wear a dress, all sequined, with a picture of a headless chicken on it. Head on one side, body on the other.

I wouldn't go back to a period in my lifetime, I would go back to the Triassic or Jurassic because I'm curious as to what the dinosaurs actually looked like.

I either would choose to go back to my early childhood, but with the knowledge I have now intact and start doing things differently; like learning how to pretend to be like the other kids and thus prevent the bullying that I went for 8 years in school.
Or I would choose to meet Michael Faraday, who knows? Maybe even work in his laboratory as an assistant of him and help him write the papers on electromagnetic theory :D

I would go back to about 1980 and be more confident and more self aware assuming I can take my current knowledge and memories. I think that would enable me to be richer and happier now although it could be I'd make different mistakes from the ones I made.

I'd buy a house sooner and I wouldn't put up with one or two people who were iffy and I d change gears more often on my bike it's better for your knees. I might in hindsight have a child. I'd brush my teeth better then hopefully they'd last better they're not very strong though it may not be my fault...

I'd go to the evening classes about ancient field systems in the Yorkshire Dales I didn't get around to, bet it would be interesting. I'd swim more and buy more than one of my favourite shirts the red and black plaid one and the blue and white stripes with round collar.

I'd get kittens sooner. Wow how different my life could have been :rolleyes::cat::cat::cat:

Maybe restart. Or to when I was five or so since being a toddler would be rather tedious. It would be nice to stop things afterwards from happening.

Above.

Me? I'd go back to early to mid 1991, particularly Valentine's Day that year, fell on a Tuesday as I recall, and my ex at school kind of "proposed" to me, she said "Are we getting married then?", and me being about 14 going on 15 said, "Ooh I don't know", if I could go back to that moment, I'd have said "Yeah go on then" or something like that, but would we still be together 27 years on? Probably not, I would probably have done time for beating up her annoying Brother.

More importantly, knowing what I do now, I would've done considerably better in my GCSE exams that June, OK if I'd failed Science again it wouldn't matter, I just needed to pass Maths, as 27 years later I can't get a job even for an entry level "Office Gofer" because I don't have at least a C in Maths.

Anyway, how about you guys? When would you go back to? Or would you even go forward in time?

This is all based on a post I saw on Facebook last week, made me think.

If I could go back KNOWING what I know now... 1988.

I was 14 and in 8th grade. Some stuff happened there that changed where I would be and I could have done something very different, and would if given the chance... no pun intended... : )

Only if I can take ‘what I know now’ with me.

I’d rewind back approximately five years.

Spend less time convinced I’m losing my mind and fearing this thought.

Spend more time enjoying losing the mind I thought I had and looking forward to getting excited about what came next.
:D

1982 - When my Dad brought our first colour TV just to see myself rub my nose on the screen when the colour test panel was on TV.

October 1992 - To give a written report to myself on how I will be mistreated over my Asperger's Syndromes in course of High School.

May 2013 - To save my photo album from being thrown out by my Sister's ex-boyfriend who was a modern day hippy.

I'm good, I will stay just here. I would probably just screw up history for everybody. I don't know, how would you tell? Unless you went back in time, came back and found out that you were never born.

I would like to come back in the previous summer and one more time enjoy my travelling by train in Russia (http://rusrailtravel.ru/trans-siberian). One more time to see the beauty of wild nature and pure lakes, visit wonderful and strange cities and meet kind and friendly people. These are my best memories ever!
big.jpg

I would probably just screw up history for everybody. I don't know, how would you tell?
In the words of Dr Emmet L Brown, "the encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy." Phew!

If i could travel back to any time period i would go to the 1980s. I didn't grow up in the 80s but i've always been fascinated with 80s culture so i think it would be awesome to experience it for myself.

I would go back to the day I left High school and tell that daft old bat Mrs Freeman in no uncertain terms what she could do with her low opinion of me.

This is kinda depressing, but I'd go back before I was even born to convince my mother to have an abortion.

Though if I had to choose when I was still alive, I'd probably go back to fifth grade. So I could prevent the "nose picking accident". At that same year, my wealthy grandparents proposed the idea of going to a charter school instead of public school for middle school. I'd say yes to their proposal, if I went back that far.

New Threads

Top Bottom