• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you are old, have a swollen blood vessel, and they cannot operate...

Well I would first want to clarify the age and reasoning behind lack of surgery.. but as well, it would depend on the affected blood vessel, location, relation to other vital body parts, etc.. not near enough information to surmise a viable answer.. as it stands, and in general; answer would be no, it wouldn’t be.. but there are extreme cases.

Not the same but my father is 85yrs old and has had a septic pancreas for the past 3 1/2yrs. Every 6mo he is near death in the hospital because of a failing stint/shunt? Anyways, doctors won’t fix the damage because he’s too at risk of being lost while under the knife..
so they treat with an intense course of antibiotics, leave it for a few weeks, replace the stint/shunt, whatever it is.. and schedule follow-up appointments to monitor until such a time that he is healthy enough.. but when healthy enough they just string him along until it fails again, trying for longer and longer each time.

He should have been dead 9 times over by now, before this even started becoming a problem.. yet he’s still here, depressed and miserable with a few glimmers of happiness.
You’d be surprised what you can live through.

Last edited:
Aneurism? That is between you and your physician. As I age I am mure concerned about my response to anesthesia.

Recently I have been fortunate. I had a thoracic outlet issue with my right arm. The usual surgery is to go through the armpit to remove the first rib and muscle to relieve the restriction. My vascular surgeon put a stent in the subclavian to keep it open where it goes over the rib. 20 days after surgery and everything looks good.

There is always, always hope!

I was going through chemo, and I developed multiple blood clots in my lungs. I was in the hospital, barely able to speak. I had a catheter in, I was getting IV liquids and drugs, and they even put a motion sensor alarm on the bed to make sure i stayed put. I was very, very ill.

And here I am now. It's actually my first day on my first job since I was sick. I'm sneaking on the forums in between orders.

Where there is life, there is hope. So never despair. Have courage, and pray to The One who makes miracles.

It's my mother. She had kidney failure, Covid, a heart attack and a stroke in the last 6 months, then the news of the swollen blood vessel in her abdomen.

A few nights ago, my sister sent me text messages at 1 AM. Kept whining about her ex, and I said she needs to blank him from her mind. The father of her yet to be born son. I can see why she's worried about the hospital, as social workers are nasty and they've made threats against her.

I chatted with my mum last night, and she said she was being careful. My sister probably just went on a tangent. She wants to hire a lawyer, but they're not cheap.

New Threads

Top Bottom