• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If someone is rude to the waitress on a date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the panel for that report and found it quite disappointing. My concerns were not incorporated beyond vague one- and two- sentence statements written in general terms.

I wrote to my MP and MPP about stimulus money and got no response. It seems that disabled people were the only social demographic deemed ineligible.

My daughter can't find work on provincial benefits because she would only be able to work two short days per week. Even part-time jobs are more hours than that. She would also require several physical accommodations for her other health issues which are deemed permanent disabilities. She is unable to work in the food service or food prep industry, despite going to chef school.

I'm fortunate that I was at my max payscale when I started CPP-D, although it doesn't increase. It's frustrating that I can't claim any tax deductions while being on it. I used to enjoy quite large refunds every year.

I also have an RDSP plan but don't even understand how it works.

For what it's worth, I'm officially ASD1, but I have a feeling that had I been diagnosed as a child I likely would have been placed in ASD2.
That will make those services less likely (at least, here).
Because I'm on Federal Disability I don't even get access to the services offered to people on provincial disability, like help with snow shovelling, lawn care, day programs, etc.
Have you contacted a Canadian autism society regarding services for you or your daughter?

Canadian Autism Society
No reviews · Non-profit organization
(866) 288-4760
Open 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom