• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want a partner and children

Markness, in the city of Steubenville, Ohio, I saw apartments at $450-600 a month (not studios but whole nice apartments.)

Other parts of the country may have cheaper ones.

Your mother saying you can't afford things is her using a tactic of financial co-dependence and she's using it as manipulation.

I haven’t because I honestly don’t know how to go about that. I also have dyscalculia which makes finances difficult for me to understand. The things that prevent me from living on my own are my control freak mother, low income, anxiety issues, and growing physical health problems.
When I was lonely I could list 50 reasons why I couldn't date and start a relationship. They were all excuses that kept me powerless. You have choices to make and you can set goals now.

You can go to a real estate office and look at the cost of rentals with and without utilities included. Then do some grocery shopping to see what your weekly cost will be. You can also see what your mother is paying for gas, electricity, water/sewer to check that if utilities are not included in a rental. Then finally the costs of your transportation. Start adding these together as monthly costs to see what your minimum budget will be. Those of us starting out probably lived paycheck to paycheck, but I always included an allowance for modest entertainment and savings.

As you learn to live independently you will build confidence. That will let you start establishing other goals for yourself.

It's scary to live on your own. But everybody here is supportive and we think you can do this. The longer you stay with your mom, the more you will believe her assement of you.

New Threads

Top Bottom