• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I think Spiderman isn't asperger(maybe only adhd) except for the Maguire version.

Pirandello

I like to think about Maguire's Spiderman like a stand alone character, closer to Superman and Bobby Fischer than the original Spiderman.
While the Spiderman of comics surely is closer to Homecoming: no pessimism, no sadness...Maguire was and is still completely different, closer to actor's personality(he got many of the standard autistic meltdown such as "call me Tugboat Maguire") than the actual character.
No, I doubt in Homecoming and comics Peter Parker would be asperger, surely he got deficit of being focused(what Maguire's version doesn't had) but surely not asperger(trust me as asperger he isn't).
Maguire's version is closer to Tobey Maguire's movie Pawn Sacrifice about Bobby Fischer, well known for having asperger...Tobey's Peter to me is closer to Bobby Fischer than original so I think only and exclusively this version got asperger(and a lot) while the rest is just a standard adhd.
(There's various moments: when he become evil, when he discover his power at school and in general his gags!)
As I say is Maguire's way of acting who is making Spiderman asperger, without he isn't...Superman is a different thing because if he would be human he would have been. Aspergers can be humble, cannot being humble...doesn't mean anything being nerd or genius, is not understand social keywords what Maguire's version is doing 90% of the time while original is able to understand social keywords so I doubt he is. An asperger could try to be bad as much try to be good, we don't even know what is what.
Maguire's is literally asperger and is also why original isn't.
Edit: Iron Man too isn't but Robert Downey Jr's is due is inspired by Elon Musk. Maybe only Superman is asperger.

New Threads

Top Bottom