• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I think I have low testosterone...

AspiePie

I am so tired in the morning and evening I have trouble waking up early and going to bed latter then 6:30... I am easily irritable... and I can't get an erection?

Could someone tell me what is going on and how can I fix it?

If it soothes you, I am also very tired in the morning and I am more of a night person...

The erection thing depends on your age too. How old are you?
I would recommend also the Endocrinologist

I wouldn't jump to a conclusion about it being lack of testosterone. There are many possible causes.

By the way, what's your diet like?
I used to have those same issues (minus the lack of an erection. That one's sort of non-applicableo_O) until I started eating healthier, with more vegetables, less salt, more overall variety.

If it soothes you, I am also very tired in the morning and I am more of a night person...

The erection thing depends on your age too. How old are you?
I would recommend also the Endocrinologist
27... and I eat a lot of vegetables...
I wouldn't jump to a conclusion about it being lack of testosterone. There are many possible causes.

By the way, what's your diet like?
I used to have those same issues (minus the lack of an erection. That one's sort of non-applicableo_O) until I started eating healthier, with more vegetables, less salt, more overall variety.

I eat good most of the time.. So that is not it?

Stress and substance use can also cause similar issues. If you are on any medications they might also be responsible. I suggest talking to your doctor about it.

From Drugs.com:

Call your doctor at once if you have:

• uncontrolled muscle movements in your face (chewing, lip smacking, frowning, tongue movement, blinking or eye movement);

• breast swelling or tenderness (in men or women), nipple discharge, impotence, lack of interest in sex, missed menstrual periods;

• severe nervous system reaction--very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, confusion, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, feeling like you might pass out;

• low white blood cells--sudden weakness or ill feeling, fever, chills, sore throat, mouth sores, red or swollen gums, trouble swallowing, skin sores, cold or flu symptoms, cough, trouble breathing;

• low levels of platelets in your blood--easy bruising, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin;

• high blood sugar--increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, weight loss; or

• penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours or longer.

Ephasis mine

Irritability and drowsyness are also listed among more minor side effects. But you should deffinitely talk to your doctor ASAP.

That's unfortunate, and frankly quite rude. I am sure you have your challenges, but from what I've read from you here you are quite capable of expressing yourself.

Who advocates for you? You should arange for them to take you to the doctor. I understand the side effects you are dealing with are of a very personal nature, so you may not want to share that with staff or family directly. Would it be possible to tell them you are dealing with some "personal" medical issues, and that you would rather keep it between you and your doctor? Or are you comfortable enough to share this information with your advocate?

Also; it seems to me you might be correct about having low testosterone. From the symptom cluster associated with Resperdol and impotence it seems as though the drug may be interfering with your hormone production. I would still reccomend you stay on Resperdol until your doctor says otherwise. The effects of going off of the medication unsupervised are likely far worse than the side effects you are experiencing. That's the thing about meds, they are often a tradeoff, the lesser of two evils.

New Threads

Top Bottom