• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I suspect that my six year old cousin may have autism

music.forlife7

I suspect that my cousin is autistic, but I don't want to tell anyone yet, because I'm afraid they'll think I'm making it up. Here are clues that led me to believe that he is:

At a Thanksgiving get together this year, he refused to touch his mashed potatoes because cranberry sauce was covering them.

When he gets teased, he responds with aggression (not over the top, but he does get annoyed.)

He's afraid of my Yorkshire Terrier

So, is he? Or is it just personal interest? Just curious here ;)

Doesn't sound like it to me, but I could be wrong.
I noticed that you are not very interested in those that are self diagnosing or think someone might have AS. Its ok for them to wonder. I mean we all to.

As to music.forlife7 I think that with that information that just sounds like a little kid. It would need to be more things like does he do this all the time, are there other traits like stimming or hypersensitivity to sound, noises or something. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom