• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I just want some attention.

Many thanks to all who replied to this thread. I need to learn to be comfortable in my own skin, I know.

Sure - you will be honoured - and we will be honoured too

You can be a honorary Aspie. :)

Thank you both. ♥

I'm happy to be an honorary Aspie and feel honoured to be invited. ♥

Given that you're a part time space alien, you already are an honorary Aspie. Do enough space miles and you could get full membership, plus an Aspie space ship window badge, no diagnosis required.

Haha! :) Yeah, boxes - I've never fitted comfortably into any kind of box, including an Aspie box, but I don't think that's a bad thing (free range is lovely); and anyway I think things are a lot more grey-scale and complicated than even our best rather simple human models can fathom.

The Aspie spaceship window badge sounds really excellent. :hearteyecat:

That's part of our curse, never quite feeling comfortable being ourselves. It does get easier as you get older. Because then you don't care as much.

The next couple of weeks I really can’t go out. On Tuesday I had a pretty bad nosebleed and I had to spend the night in the ER. On Friday I had the plug they stuffed into my nose and now I have to spend the next three weeks off from my part time job and can’t go to the social club I belong to because they don’t want me around cigarette smoke. So the mall and stores are about as much socialization as I can do. But I need to heal so I’m making the best I can of the situation. I’m just glad that I’m not bleeding anymore.

Take care of yourself, @Captain Jigglypuff - I hear that getting your nose plugged up to stop a bleed is extremely uncomfortable and I was going :dizzy: reading about it. Are your clotting factors OK? I had a relative who always had bad nosebleeds because they slammed nose-first into a tree as a kid in a sledding accident... :screamcat:

Hope you heal up quickly and get better soon.

Take care of yourself, @Captain Jigglypuff - I hear that getting your nose plugged up to stop a bleed is extremely uncomfortable and I was going :dizzy: reading about it. Are your clotting factors OK? I had a relative who always had bad nosebleeds because they slammed nose-first into a tree as a kid in a sledding accident... :screamcat:

Hope you heal up quickly and get better soon.
It was probably caused by dry air and allergies. I’m okay now and am not in any real pain. A bit sore in the nostril that was bleeding but it’s a very manageable level of pain. It just happened out of nowhere and it was scary for me because I’ve never had that happen to me before.

It was probably caused by dry air and allergies. I’m okay now and am not in any real pain. A bit sore in the nostril that was bleeding but it’s a very manageable level of pain. It just happened out of nowhere and it was scary for me because I’ve never had that happen to me before.

Oh, a friend in Oregon complains of having a dry nose due to living at high altitudes...I think she uses humidifiers, and I've heard of people smearing Bepanthen (baby ointment with almond oil) inside their nostrils to try to stop their noses drying out inside. A severe nosebleed tends to be scary - glad you are on the mend, take care. :pandaface:

Become a streaker and disrupt live sporting events. You'll get plenty of attention.

If it's in the privacy of your own home and garden. It's not technically streaking, it's nudism. Yeah, I do have a crystal ball (two in fact, I have two balls now,) now I have to go wash my eyes out.

If you threw an Aspies only BBQ I am not sure I would be invited. Is not being NT enough? Or can I be an honorary Aspie for an evening?

I won’t attend any party you’re not invited to! So-called “NTs” who wish to attend a so-called “ND” party must be admitted, or I refuse to attend.

I won’t attend any party you’re not invited to! So-called “NTs” who wish to attend a so-called “ND” party must be admitted, or I refuse to attend.

That's very lovely of you, but they've already invited me! :) If there are any problems, I can smuggle you in via Mary Poppins' handbag! :innocent:

I gather you're not in favour of excessive binariness? (Hey: Did you know there are 10 people who understand binary: Those who do and those who don't. ;))

New Threads

Top Bottom