• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Hate It When.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peace

V.I.P Member
I absolutely hate it when toilet paper tears up the roll, instead of along the perforations.
"Me Venting", Really? How is the perforated line stronger than the solid sheet? This is not logical, but seems to happen with a lot of brands.

That does suck. You want to just throw the damn thing away because you're afraid the whole roll is going to be like that. So you keep tearing and hope it just breaks off where it's suppose to soon.

It's funny you posted this. I was just thinking of something I hate. When I'm feeling one way and pouring everything into telling the other person how I'm feeling by explaining myself and they totally miss the mark, because they think I'm trying to illicit an emotional response from them that is polar opposites.

For example I just told someone all the reasons why I didn't want to do something, because I was feeling tense/anxious and they thought I was trying to comfort them, because I said no.

Complaining about toilet paper? If you have the luxury of worrying about something like that, then you must be one of the fortunate few for whom tragic events are completely unknown.

Sometimes complaining about trivial things helps relieve the stress of bigger things. Sure toilet paper is trivial till you're sitting there without it, then it becomes a big problem especially in public. Also one must realize and accept that one man's problems is another man's opportunity. Meaning that just, because it seems trivial to you doesn't mean it's not an issue that doesn't deserve looking at. It was a light hearted conversation not meant to be the be all to end all.

If you want to give a more serious subject consideration you could've added it instead of posting to only mock. Still welcome to add what you hate besides "trivial" complaints. Just remember someone may see your complaint as trivial too.

Last edited:
Let's please keep this thread civil, no judging or digs against people, please.

Didn't realize I was digging or judging or being uncivil. If I was please let me know how I was. I was actually saying the same as you and using it more like a teaching moment than anything else. I don't hide behind subtleties when I'm telling someone off and I certainly don't ask they still be part of the conversation afterwards.

Didn't realize I was digging or judging or being uncivil. If I was please let me know how I was. I was actually saying the same as you and using it more like a teaching moment than anything else. I don't hide behind subtleties when I'm telling someone off and I certainly don't ask they still be part of the conversation afterwards.

I was trying to refer to Peter A.'s post without taking sides.

Telling people that their conversation is trivial after barging into it with nothing to add is by definition rude and insulting. So yes, you broke a rule of proper etiquette and common courtesy. I think you are fully aware of what you did because of the language you used. It was a condemning statement. You felt like it was a waste of time and decided to let everyone know it was rather than moving on. I'm not sure what bug crawled up your butt, but no need to take it out on others.

Btw an innocent statement would have been something as follows: I don't see the point in talking about this. There are more important things to talk about. Maybe someone can explain why people talk about such nonsense.

That would've been far more accepted and mature in nature. We all mess up and we all have our quarks the trick is to accept you goofed and learn from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom