• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Got Played Last Night!

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
In D&D, that is. Me and my thought one group of people were the bad guys, when, in reality, the person that we were helping was the baddie all along. Especially screwed me up because I played a major role in that NPC's evil scheme . . .

Basically, it involved my 2 foot 11 halfling monk hiding in the false bottom of a chest full of fake gold in order to be snuck into the vault inside a Baron's castle so that I can unlock and open the door for the wizard NPC who then magically swapped 75,000 GP for fake gold, and then teleported me and him out of there. He used the secret chest spell and a level 4 bag of holding to hold all of that stuff. Supposedly said Baron stole a family heirloom from the grand uncle (who was also most likely made up), and our employer wanted to retrieve it, as well as steal all that gold in order to redistribute it via his (fake) carnival. Right before me and NPC wizard were almost done in the vault, wizard picked up a chest that was suspiciously small enough to be used as the material component for a second Secret Chest spell. We then were supposed to keep the Baron busy, as he was invited to the carnival. After some time of playing carnival games and supposedly winning real prize money from winning them, the large animals that were being displayed their were set loose, and the cart full of the money that I helped employer steal supposedly got stolen by an eldritch knight (employer thought that an eldritch knight named Fexit kept stealing from him, as it turned out, Fexit was not only the good guy, but also a sheriff who has been after our employer). We went after the decoy cart, only to find out that it was empty after killing 4 bugbears and one eldritch knight. We then started to have questions. So far, the only person at that time we knew who was able to magically teleport large quantities of things as that time was NPC wizard (we insight checked him, but a 21 from one of the characters didn't work, mostly because he was probably using a spell that messed up people's insight). As it turned out, employer and his wizard friend used a special magic wagon that could be magically shrunken down to a tiny chest small enough to fit in one's pocket to steal the gold, and the wagon we were chasing after was a decoy. We were the baddies all along.

Yeah, my character, being a chaotic good halfling way of shadows monk initially thought the whole operation was a good idea, but we just ended up getting played. My mind is still screwed up about it the night after (which is when I am writing this post).

Fun read! I used to keep a journal as my character when I still played, it was a good way to process and fun to read years later:

A colleague of mine regularly wore a Bag of Holding brand messenger bag. They're also into board games. One time we were in a shop the sales rep seemed super excited by the bag and they said some stuff that I didn't get. Thanks to your post, I just put two and two together. LOL

When I read the title of your thread, you wouldn't believe what came to mind.
But, then again...maybe you would. :confused:

I don't know what would come to mind.
Just the way my weird mind thinks.

If someone is playing you, it can mean they are being manipulative and playing head games with your
thinking to get something they want without you realising it.

Didn't relate the title to playing as in a game. But, rather someone took advantage of you in real life.
An old metaphor would be: You were snookered.

I often see headlines or titles to something and my mind thinks of an entirely different meaning.
Then I read the article and it isn't at all what I thought.
Happens all the time.
I always figured it was part of my Aspieness. :rolleyes:
Think there was a thread on this by someone a long time ago.
Not understanding titles and headlines at first.

Just the way my weird mind thinks.

If someone is playing you, it can mean they are being manipulative and playing head games with your
thinking to get something they want without you realising it.

Didn't relate the title to playing as in a game. But, rather someone took advantage of you in real life.
An old metaphor would be: You were snookered.

I often see headlines or titles to something and my mind thinks of an entirely different meaning.
Then I read the article and it isn't at all what I thought.
Happens all the time.
I always figured it was part of my Aspieness. :rolleyes:
Think there was a thread on this by someone a long time ago.
Not understanding titles and headlines at first.
Technically, I got taken advantage of inside of a D&D game through my character. So, it is, in fact, relating to both being manipulated and playing a game.

New Threads

Top Bottom