• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I got a text last night from a former associate who runs an "Autism specific" Employment Agency

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Should I text or ring her back in 2017 with a view to trying to get into "proper" work? (Don't get me wrong I've been doing the Charity shop thing for years and enjoy it but it literally doesn't pay anything).

She did text to wish me and my family happy Christmas but I texted back to say same back, and I may require her services in the new year.

Thing is though, this lady used to be part of a company called Autism Plus, who used to be my main carers up to about 9 years ago until for reasons I can't go into, we had a falling out over various issues. Anyway, I'm not sure if this lady's Agency are still connected to them, if so I can't get involved, there's too much history between me and Autism Plus and not all of it's good.

Anyway should I make contact again to aid my quest for paid work? I can't work full time, but a part time paid position in a not too busy shop would suit me to the ground.

id be a little bit wary about the company as they likely have jobs who want you to do voluntary work or short contracts with min pay,these supported job companies do take advantage of disabled peoples desperate interest to work,i have thought of going with one called united response but an old house mate of mine used them and she never got a proper job,only one off jobs going in shops undercover to check how much stuff is fairtrade [she got paid in fairtrade goods].

You could make tentative enquiries. 9 years is a long time, and things might have changed since you were with them last. The lady's attitude towards you/whatever it was about you she disliked might have changed; or you may find you won't have much to do with her once you're "in".

You could make tentative enquiries. 9 years is a long time, and things might have changed since you were with them last. The lady's attitude towards you/whatever it was about you she disliked might have changed; or you may find you won't have much to do with her once you're "in".

It wasn't her I had the problems with, it was the Autism Plus people.

Go on Google and search for Autism Plus Sheffield, then you'll know who I mean.

New Threads

Top Bottom