• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I feel somewhat ashamed of beign a teen

I guess, what with all the bad press teens get these days. I feel like that sometimes. Not all teenagers are yobs though.

You can however still to people that there is nothing to be ashamed of, unfortunately CJ is right about how the media portrays teenagers as they don't understand much but it seems they don't seem to understand that they were teenagers once themselves.

So in that content, I know what your saying.

But remember, the media also does want to make a news out of something and it happens that today's teenagers in Britain are pretty much different and in some ways out of control due to many things happening while growing up, bad experiences and that, but who would you blame? The parents or the media?

I remember, when I was ashamed, to be a teenager. I didn't want anything to do, with my same sex peers, because they didn't want anything, to do with me. I also hated the trends that I've encountered, in high school. That was back, in the late 80s - early 90s, when the fashions of the 60s, haven't made a comeback, yet. I had my fingers crossed, wearing my second hand bell bottoms, and flowered shirts, in hopes, that things would happen, in my favour. Things are going in my favour, now. I can't complain. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom