• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I feel like I need to accept myself.

I am working with a therapist these days. Hey, at least I moved past the point where I drowned out my anger with rivers of beer. That is progress.
Absolutely. This is definitely progress and I hope you continue to feel accomplished and proud about this fact. Sobriety is everything when people like you and I use rivers of beer to avoid our reality.

You have many good things to accept, Metalhead. And getting out of the bad family environment you're in will probably help. It must be hard to accept yourself with the constant barrage of criticism.

I feel like I need something, an ocean of beer, a galaxy of bourbon, a universe of absinthe, or maybe just a few AA meetings instead.

New Threads

Top Bottom