• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am thinking of creating a database for my movies and games collections.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
That would mean taking inventory of all of my DVDs, BluRays and digital movie purchases, as well as all of my video game purchases across several different consoles.

Hopefully, this will motivate me to enjoy what I already have for a couple of years instead of impulsively continuing to add more to the pile. I eventually want to write critical reviews of most of the movies I own, and I have been collecting movies for more than 25 years at this point.

I also want to invite people over for movie marathon and pizza evenings, nothing is stopping me from doing that.

What software would work best for such a massive undertaking? At least I will only have to do this process once.

That would mean taking inventory of all of my DVDs, BluRays and digital movie purchases, as well as all of my video game purchases across several different consoles.

Hopefully, this will motivate me to enjoy what I already have for a couple of years instead of impulsively continuing to add more to the pile. I eventually want to write critical reviews of most of the movies I own, and I have been collecting movies for more than 25 years at this point.

I also want to invite people over for movie marathon and pizza evenings, nothing is stopping me from doing that.

What software would work best for such a massive undertaking? At least I will only have to do this process once.
There was an app on Google play that was purpose built for this, but I'm not sure what it's called. It will be in my purchase list, I'm pretty sure so I will go have a look.

I'm pretty sure it allows you to import it export an excel sheet too. It also can give valuations etc but I think some of that was a premium feature. It's handy if you spot something when you are out and about so you can check your inventory to be sure you aren't rebuying things you already own.

You could use the Google app equivalent if excel where your list will be available in your phone too as the documents are stored in the cloud. This would probably be the most straightforward way of doing things without the need for the app. But I will have a look if the app is still available! :)

Ok found it! It's called Snupps! :)

EDIT: I just reinstalled the app and it appears that it's defunct. I did find a similar app called My Collections it seems pretty similar I believe it allows you to scan barcodes too. I'm going to give it a try myself. :)

EDIT 2: My Collections looks like a good candidate. I would recommend checking it out!

Last edited:
I am so excited about this idea. No idea what software is best, I just want to share my excitement. Organizing things is my happy place :D

1. Excel

2. Libre Office Calc (an absolute second to Microsoft Excel) It's freeware.

Now that you mention it, there's also Google Sheets. You can easily upload an Excel file to Google Sheets or download from Google Sheets to Excel. With Sheets, you can access the file from your smartphone anywhere.

If you're an Excel power user, you'll find that Sheets doesn't support some of Excel's advanced features, but for making and sorting lists, it'll be fine.

New Threads

Top Bottom