• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am 95% sure I should stop talking about Resident Evil...

Lemon Zing

On other forums, the users act highly stupid, and contribute nothing to the threads, which is annoying as someone who types out posts rather well. This is why I closed two or maybe more accounts on GameFAQs in the past. It's just not a good place to contribute banter on. However, I think it's a common issue on so many similar message boards anyway.

I can sense that they don't even play or care at all for the games before RE4 was released. You know? Like the original RE2 and whatnot. Because they always talk about how RE4 was revolutionary for what it did. Which I guess it was, at the time, and that should say it all. But besides that, the game's story has no correlation to the other games, and to me, what little plot it has feels awfully "made up" in a sense. That's all I've been trying to tell these people for like, ages now. But they don't give a damn.

When they start spamming or not adding anything of value to the topic, it grinds my gears, and even my mum thinks they have become pointless platforms to spew on. Plus, they're all dead now anyway. You could fly to a tropical island with no Internet there, come back a few weeks later or something, and be lucky to have received any response in the time you were away. But I blame Facebook type sites for why forums plummeted in popularity.

Spoiler alert:

Most gaming forums are terrible anyway. Always have been.

GameFAQs was always a toxic mess, and now places like Reddit are even more of a disaster. Heck, with Reddit, even when you find a non-toxic gaming-related forum, it's often STILL a mess. Usually just this stupid flood of memes and screenshots.

If you want gaming discussion, basic forums aint usually the way to go. It's best to meet up with like-minded individuals who share your specific sorts of interests, and just communicate among that little group instead of a full forum.

I do not game , the game of real life is the only game I care about, a real issue when I was in the hospital with my stroke, a lot's of therapy involved games. The big game how does the universe work is down my alley.

The one unfortunate aspect of my job as web developer/designer for a software entertainment corporation was having to administrate/moderate no less than four gaming forums. At times it made me feel like a zookeeper. Very unpleasant people constantly quizzing me about product information I was not allowed to relay to them. :rolleyes:

RE3 Nemesis was the last RE I Played. So I share your sentiment on RE4. That's not RE to me. Not what I grew up on. RE2 will always be my favorite. Then RE3. Then the original.

The one unfortunate aspect of my job as web developer/designer for a software entertainment corporation was having to administrate/moderate no less than four gaming forums. At times it made me feel like a zookeeper. Very unpleasant people constantly quizzing me about product information I was not allowed to relay to them. :rolleyes:

I’m sorry, you managed FOUR gaming forums at once?

I’ve done admin/moderator stuff for ONE before and it was utterly maddening.

How did you pull that off without going utterly insane?

I’m sorry, you managed FOUR gaming forums at once?

I’ve done admin/moderator stuff for ONE before and it was utterly maddening.

How did you pull that off without going utterly insane?

I was paid quite well. ;)

How many times does Capcom have to go back to Raccoon City? I mean, they had it blown up decades ago in the franchise, so it's not like it exists anymore.

:D

Original destruction = RE3, 1999.

Since then...

RE Outbreak files 1 and 2.
Umbrella Corps.
Operation Raccoon City.
The Umbrella Chronicles.
Resident Evil: Degeneration (flashback scene).
The Darkside Chronicles.
Resident Evil movies (the Paul Anderson era).
Resident Evil movie reboot, 2021.
Resident Evil TV series, 2022.
Graphic novels, etc.
RE2 remake.
RE3 remake.

I think Capcom has no idea what they're doing.

Well, let me correct myself a little...

They know there's, "coin to be made" (Duke's catchy phrase in RE8).

But meh. Slash the large amount of ranting. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom