• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hyposensitivity

If i can hear music i really cannot understand people over it, i know this is normal if the music is loud enough but its at a volume where others dont seem to have a problem. Also if i am talking to someone on the phone and someone else tries to talk to me i just get really confused and cant understand either people.

I am the same way. It really annoys me when people put songs with vocals in their vlogs or anything like that, because then I have to make an effort to ignore the music and focus on what the person's saying.
If someone tries to talk to me on the phone without first showing me they want to say something and giving me time to ask the other person to hold on, not only does it confuse me but I also find it very rude. This is a little off topic but sometimes I wonder if neurotypicals are really so sure they're the ones with the social skills if they're so inconsiderate.

New Threads

Top Bottom