• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hypnosis talk 3: Recreational: Transformations

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I know this is probably the umpteenth time i've talked hypnosis. But I did a couple yesterday and found something:

I didn't realize how refreshing it made you feel after getting high!

Would you try it if your therapist wanted you to (if you have one?)?

Nah. Wouldnt have the patience.

I dunno specifically about hypnosis... my memory isnt very good... but it might have been suggested to me before by a therapist. I know meditation has been suggested. But those concepts just dont really fit for me. I've never been the sort to relax well (unless it's time for bed). Generally need MORE stimulation, not less.

I learned self hypnosis from a cousin who is a psychologist back in the '80's.
He did guided imagery also and I enjoyed that very much.
I started buying CD collections from Dr. Miller and still have a lot of them.

It really helps with anxiety and even though I am a highly anxious person, I'm not overly active.
Pretty laid back. So I enjoy a session daily.
Not at all hyper here.

New Threads

Top Bottom