• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Howdy

Fabian

V.I.P Member
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am living in Queensland, Australia.

I am 31 years old and was formally diagnosed with Asperger syndrome not long ago. I am quite surprised it took that long to actually get a diagnosis but since the diagnosis I learnt a lot about myself and finally learnt to accept who I am. Unfortunately the diagnosis is quite late so I personally suffered for a long time not knowing why I had a different approach to many things in life. I always suspected that something was a bit different with me but I could never pinpoint it until a psychologist and psychiatrist mentioned it to me. So at the moment I am still learning to come to terms with the diagnosis and discover my strengths and weaknesses.

I signed up here as I think this forum contains lots of useful information and its important to support it. I also think it's helpful for me to read the stories of other Aspies.

welcome.png

Welcome aboard.
I spent my life until two years ago not knowing anything about Asperger's at age 58. I have had other diagnosis' of anxiety and panic disorder with depression, and borderline personality disorder.
It was when I was having such a difficult time accepting the death of my mother whom I'd lived with all my life and was my last remaining family member that a LCSW for grief counseling started seeing Aspie traits and suggested I get tested for it. I couldn't believe all the personality traits that matched mine and I understood why I had lived socially isolated finally.
Great place here and I know you'll find plenty of answers.

I am 31 years old and was formally diagnosed with Asperger syndrome not long ago. I am quite surprised it took that long to actually get a diagnosis but since the diagnosis I learnt a lot about myself and finally learnt to accept who I am. Unfortunately the diagnosis is quite late so I personally suffered for a long time not knowing why I had a different approach to many things in life. I always suspected that something was a bit different with me but I could never pinpoint it until a psychologist and psychiatrist mentioned it to me. So at the moment I am still learning to come to terms with the diagnosis and discover my strengths and weaknesses.

I signed up here as I think this forum contains lots of useful information and its important to support it. I also think it's helpful for me to read the stories of other Aspies.
are you interested in the fabian society ?do you like the singer fabian (1960s) or do you like the Christian name Fabian

Welcome. This is very much like a family where everyone wants to help.
Didn't find out about Aspergers until my late sixties. Knowing has really helped a lot.
Reading about others on this forum has helped me understand how my mind functions.
Anyways, you've found a good place.

J

Hi Fabian Welcome to AC!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom