• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to Get Into Animation?

#JasonRed2020

Does anyone know how to get into animation? Like equipment, programs, tools, classes, etc.? I want to get into it, but don't where to start. Also, some basics for drawing. I am not good at it.

As someone who's been down the path of trying to get into animation, I just want to say a few things I wished someone had told me when I was starting out.

If you're interested in animation, just be wary that the industry is highly competitive and rarely pays well, if at all. Too many people are usually left working for free, or next to nothing, even in 1st world countries, which is a terrible shame. It's ok to have an interest in doing it still, but if you're wanting to enter the industry, knowing that at least prepares you for what to expect. Sorry for the unpleasant news, but hopefully it'll help you to decide what you want for yourself.

Otherwise, there are tons of interesting resources out there to learn with. Animation Mentor is one of them, although you can find lots of stuff on YouTube or Vimeo provided you know what you're looking for. Some free software is good to know too, such as Krita instead of Photoshop, or Blender instead of Maya/ 3Ds Max. Toon Boom Harmony is good if you're into 2D animation. Universities teach a lot, but they don't always teach enough to get a job. Often they're teach you a bit of everything and you're expected to keep learning afterwards, which can stagger how long it takes to find work with a company, if at all. Working for yourself is probably the best way to make money, even if you're good at social networking, as that's important in the industry. Hope those help.

New Threads

Top Bottom