• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to ask him out??

Well.... he finally texted me back. Obviously it was a 'no'.

Better than no reply at all.

It took him so long I'd already given up on the idea altogether to be honest.

Even though he said no, you should be super proud of yourself! Being rejected sucks, but it's so much better to know now, than to waste months (or even years) torturing yourself with the "what if" only to find out that it wouldn't have worked out in the first place.

Dan dan had a catastrophic attempt last night and failed.
Well.... he finally texted me back. Obviously it was a 'no'.

Better than no reply at all.

It took him so long I'd already given up on the idea altogether to be honest.
Never mind. You found the courage which i can't. I put pressure on myself and got all worked up about it. At least you made an attempt to get what you want. Im just shameful.

Never mind. You found the courage which i can't. I put pressure on myself and got all worked up about it. At least you made an attempt to get what you want. Im just shameful.

If only there was an article of clothing to help....

Tough luck, try again.

Nana korobi ya ochi
Seven times down eight times up.

Did you rehearse out loud?

I think it is so cool you tried. I've never been able to work up the courage.

One time I gave someone my number that I really liked but he laughed at me and said him flirting with me was "a joke."

Don't beat yourself up about it - you'll make it worse for yourself.

What happened with the 'catastrophic attempt'?

One time I gave someone my number that I really liked but he laughed at me and said him flirting with me was "a joke."

Oh no :( Sounds like you dodged a bullet there though.

I gave my number to someone I really liked once and they thought I was joking. It had taken me so much effort to work up the courage to get that far, I was crushed and couldn't explain to him that it wasn't a joke.

I wrote about it in my thread "how do people find people". Its under love and relationships. You can read all about my mishaps and blunders. Might cheer you up!

New Threads

Top Bottom