• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How should I interpret this?

Ste11aeres

I'm filling out a questionaire as part of an application process for a job. One of the questions is "There are 50 hours in a day" True or False.
How should I interpret this?
I think a yes answer would mean that I have lots of energy and accomplish as much as I would if there were indeed 50 hours in a day. Then I read someone asking the same question online and everyone said they're just trying to see if you're sane. Now I'm wondering if the question is to see if someone is filling out the application carelessly, checking random boxes... :help::help:

Personally, I would take it at face value as a true / false statement about the number of approximate hours contained in a standard day to see if you're just a spambot.

I would take it at face value and make the reasonable assumption that the question is referring to an Earth day.

I'd take it literally. If they are expecting you to work for considerably longer than standard hours then it may not be a good choice for you anyway.

Yes, there are some applicants who don't know there are only 24 hours in a day. Ones who have done so many drugs that their brains don't work right anymore, or ones so distracted that they think the question is about a deck of cards, not a day. So the question seems literal to me. Besides, employers want someone whose days go fast, not someone who perceives the day to be dragging slowly. As I get older, I personally would love it if there were 26 extra hours of productive time in a day!

New Threads

Top Bottom