• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How old where you when you got adult like privileges and what where they?

Nolan1971

Examples: allowed to use bbq or kitchen stove nearly unsupervised age 8
given your own set of keys to and allowed to move/re park your parents car age 10
allowed to use and/or given your first power tools ie:jig saw, drill, sander age 6
able to stay out past midnight 13

Mind you that was not every night just when I would do something special with friends, cousins like a late movie, concert, etc
and then my mom would have to know where I was at all times. By the time I was working alot at 15 I could come home at 2am
as long as it did not affect my school work or attendance. If I did blow it I would lose that ability and maybe the job.
I worked an average of 25hrs a week during school.

I didn't realise you we're serious! :unsure: Wow. I went for my first ever date aged 17... and was back by 11pm!!! I had never stayed out with friends come to think of it! Mind you, I lived in the sticks which meant there was no way of getting anywhere. Power tools at 6????!

Top Bottom