• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How not to hate yourself when you do something crazy

It was not such much what I did, but that it is unusual enough I have to keep it secret. That I am piling up these things that can cause indifference, raised eyebrows, or in some cases, some jerk says something cruel. The people I work with are smart. It is almost impossible to keep secrets from them. I am the worse liar, I volunteering at a daycare and came in late, I said it was traffic and literally got called out by a 5yr old. I am not going to even try if I am this bad. Someone says how was your Sunday, and I have to deflect, but they know something is up because I suck at deflecting. Now they are curious. It is miserable. They say, what is the problem, we all binge. Like last night I watch 6 episodes after work. So I say I started at 7am and went until 2:30am and watched 44 episodes? So, how do I explain this is to a neurotypical when I barely understand it?

If he is satisfied, and there are no more questions, I have escaped. But when he says how many did you watch? so I deflect and he is now curious. It is like a nightmare where everyone thinks I am weirdo, or just that I am eccentric, but still an extreme one relative to ones they know. I just don't want this trouble.

You do usual things unusually. Be practical. Declare a { title of show } Week instead of 1-Dayer. Intersperse the episodes with a different treat (one that also has its utility value perhaps). Perseveration means finding the initiative to switch to something different rather intense; hence that needs its own attraction value.

I had the bad timing problems. Because they could see I was taking steps (in my clunky way) to use my space better, I didn't become persona non grata . . .

I define living as multi tasking and that comes in chunks, whether of 90 seconds or of 2 hours. I repeat over & over in my mind the current three: floor, cabbage, logic, mid morning snooze * . It soon becomes exciting to realise I'm progressing and that the next chunk won't be much of a chore either. I see myself like a crab that moves different bits at a time.

( * Today's bedside treat is Bertrand Russell. I keep paper & pencil there too, for flashes of inspiration "worthy of inscription" to be divided into little piles after: I'll research them soon.)

By the way your vivid writing is a big talent in itself.

there is this game that i play called Farcry there is also this item that you can throw in the 4th game called bait,because once it's been thrown,be somewhere else,and i mean somewhere else.you can also shoot people in the game,but it would result in the loss of karma,a thing in the game used to level up,now it's been maxxed out & i have the free reign to shoot anybody in the game,including a group the main character works with called the golden path o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O.it's a crazy game to play.those who are on this forum should play it if they choose to.

Last edited:
I do whatever crazy things by saying smart things to my mother whenever she snaps at me over every little thing & she expects me to not say anything back to her as a response & take it like every aspie like myself in their family is expected to at the cost of easy frustration,also like every aspie is expected to take.

New Threads

Top Bottom