• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you guys feel about my recent text adventure posts?

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Whoa, first post in a long while. Yeah, we've been surviving, that's what's been taking so long.

Recently you guys may have seen that I've been yapping a lot about my recent text adventure phase, it's been hitting really strongly as of now. I just always feel like IF games are this big wide open canvas to let out all my creative juices without having to take extra time to draw graphics and such; even though I COULD if I wanted to, to me it just always seems like there's more to be had in one's own imagination when you put it into written words rather than wrestling yourself to make a picture look like a picture and not like something an aging turtle did (haha, dark humor :p )

In light of my habit of posting a teaser for an upcoming IF by me that totally most definitely doesn't become vaporware for a year or so until I realize "oh hey I had this going might as well add to it", I wanted to know your thoughts about the works by me you guys have seen. I know I should have placed more screenshots of my work in my album or my blog but, as I've said, when your schedule is changed to "holy crap don't starve today", there's only so much you can do.

@UberScout

Do you mean these posts? Or what?

Whoa, first post in a long while. Yeah, we've been surviving, that's what's been taking so long.

Recently you guys may have seen that I've been yapping a lot about my recent text adventure phase, it's been hitting really strongly as of now. I just always feel like IF games are this big wide open canvas to let out all my creative juices without having to take extra time to draw graphics and such; even though I COULD if I wanted to, to me it just always seems like there's more to be had in one's own imagination when you put it into written words rather than wrestling yourself to make a picture look like a picture and not like something an aging turtle did (haha, dark humor :p )

In light of my habit of posting a teaser for an upcoming IF by me that totally most definitely doesn't become vaporware for a year or so until I realize "oh hey I had this going might as well add to it", I wanted to know your thoughts about the works by me you guys have seen. I know I should have placed more screenshots of my work in my album or my blog but, as I've said, when your schedule is changed to "holy crap don't starve today", there's only so much you can do.

I glanced at your posts. Did you write the engine yourself and how do you design the game world?

@UberScout

Do you mean these posts? Or what?

Yep. I would have written more stuff but life is a really tough raid boss.

New Threads

Top Bottom