• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you get a boyfriend.

Welcome to AC, Xray. :)

I just took a peek at your profile and honestly, I'm not sure adult strangers should be giving this kind of advice to a thirteen year old. But I will say this: You don't just want a boyfriend. You want a good one. If you are friendly and kind to others, in time you may meet someone special. There is no trick or magic formula for meeting a nice guy, though. A lot of the best boyfriends (or girlfriends) are met by chance, when you least expect it. It can be lonely waiting for the right person to come along, it's true. But you will want to look back on your first boyfriend as a good experience, so remember to respect yourself and wait as long as you have to for someone who will treat you well.

And hey, be careful out there. Society is becoming much more open to gay and lesbian people, but other kids can be very cruel. Make sure that your desire to find a boyfriend doesn't put your heart too far in front of your head. I've known young gay men who have been hurt by trusting the wrong people with information about themselves just because they were reeeeeally hoping to find a nice guy to date.

Don't worry. You'll meet him eventually. ;)

Hi Xray! I think Slithytoves' provided excellent feedback. I am also an adult, but not on the spectrum & I would just add one more thing. You are only 13. I would personally consider that to be a little too young to be truly dating regardless of whether a person is gay or straight. Just my opinion, but I think at 13 you have so much growing up & maturing ahead of you, & need to spend these years focused on yourself, your education, learning as much as you can about yourself & life, & just making a few friends to have companions to do things with etc... When you do meet someone who you feel a mutual connection with beyond platonic friendship, I also think it will be something that will just happen naturally, & that was my own experience in life. I think most young teens wonder when they will find a bf or gf, but finding love usually does happen (as Slithy mentioned) when you least expect it & weren't looking for it. You are young so I am very confident the day will come when you meet someone special. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom