• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do AV banking and payment protection features work?

the_tortoise

V.I.P Member
Like the separate browsers offered in security suites.

Assuming they actually are more secure, how and why? What do they actually do that makes online financial transactions any more secure than they would be in a normal web browser?

Only one I found that gave any description of how it works was Avast (I think) which states that it starts a separate desktop session for the browser, and prevents inter-application communications with the browser during that session.

Not sure if it's safe to assume they all work similarly or not.

I don't like mainstream "user-friendliness"....which often seems to amount to "Click on [x] and trust that it's a good thing to do because we said so, you don't need to know how anything works; Let us do all your thinking for you [except really it's not an offer where you have a choice because the information about how things work is not offered, or is extremely difficult to find]."

Not sure if it's safe to assume they all work similarly or not.

Totally agree with this. Given the proprietary nature of such things, short of reverse engineering there's likely no way to determine this.

After all, no one is going to admit to reverse-engineering anything not theirs. Even if they did.

Apart from how effective such plug-ins may or may not be, is how they may or may not impact the performance of various browsers. A proprietary browser might offer better security integrated from within, but what is lost in terms of just a web browser?

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom