• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How can I improve my grades? Any ideas?

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
I'm in college and I'm doing Media as I mentioned before and I'm gonna go on about this for a good while.
I did my assessment and unfortunately, I didn't do quite well with the English and the Maths.

I've tried revising but it seems so difficult and with numbers, I get numbers mixed up on several occasions.

I just need to somehow improve it? Any advice?

What does the assessment consist of? Once I figure out how it works, I might have some ideas.

I know this might sound counter intuitive, but I've used this often in my own college career and in training people. Try tutoring someone/ teaching the material to someone else. It makes you take ownership of knowing the material and will force your mind to think of things from a different perspective. The easiest way to start is either join or start a study group (it is not as social as you might think) focus on the assignments and ask the professor for assistance. The professor might even recommend some study partners based on mutual performance levels.

I have the same difficulty with numbers and had to take statistics three times, the last time I overheard a few people getting together to study...I asked where they were meeting and joined in...some people had better explications than the teacher and they would ask questions in a way that made things click in my mind and I could help them with it. I think it helps take things from the abstract (classroom examples) to more realistic examples (things people use on a regular basis).

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

New Threads

Top Bottom