• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How are you with schedules?

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
Pretty much what the title says, "How are you with schedules"?
Do you plan things ahead of time and construct it or are you one of those people that goes with the flow?

In one word;

Horrible

In more words;

I can't deal with having schedules and plans imposed upon me. This goes for timetables in school, work or even just personal stuff at home. A big reason why I hate them, is because people that impose them on me, don't care for them either. In the past I did have a reputation for being too strict. I'd walk off if it wasn't "on the second". If we're going with the flow, then... by all means, let me go with MY flow as well, which greatly differs from the norm.

On the other hand; I do make some small plans upfront, but that's just to be prepared and not end up in weird places. This can be looking up a variety of trainschedules (if I'm going somewhere further away; last weekend I had any trains leaving home from 10 pm till 2 am on my phone) for instance. I'm totally stressed out if trains show up late though, lol. But generally speaking, I do a lot "on the fly" or have some kind of thing worked out for myself. But nothing to do with time... I don't actively keep track of time (up to the point where I wanted to walk in stores in the past and they told me... sorry, we're closing in a minute). I never considered time and store times practical. Train and busschedules on the other hand make sense to me.

Keeping track of schedules makes me way more paranoid than I should be. Schedules make me adhere more to "making the schedule work within my activities" than actually living my life and doing whatever I want.

Also; having manic episodes from time to time don't go hand in hand with schedules. I'm sometimes so caught up in the moment that I have no clue what day it is even (in extreme cases); let alone time.

I have to have things super structured. I get really really panicky and upset and meltdish if things do not go according to the the designated schedule. One of the big reasons I am no longer friends with my ex-friends. I could not be spontaneous. I could not deal with them making plans and changing them and deciding not to call when they said they would or whatever. I have to know if someone is going to be late because it screws with my schedules. I need to know what is happening. There is one person at work that is really really good at giving me a plan I need a plan of action and what to do if x, y or z happens at work.

I do not go with the flow at all well. I tend to get upset an crabby and really start acting very young for my age. The last time I got in a situation that was that bad I started tugging on my ex-friends skirt trying to get her attention but was unable to use my words to show how much I needed to leave due to time constraints.

I work better with one, but it has to be one of my own design. I hate being told where to go at what time, but if someone just gives me a list of things that need to be done, I'll structure my time in a way that makes sense to me and everything will get done.

I hate being late for things. I'm always on time. Or early. And schedules are a life saver. I schedule things in my head. But this leads to problems because if I have my head schedule in place its very hard for me to change it. Usually I work better with about 24 hours notice but not all the people I know understand this.

I hafta say my memory is terible on apiontments and things usually because i get distracted by things and i am not very organized, things that are not important its great to do whateva aslong as its not important. love going on random road trips etc. But if something important is planed and i get prepared for it such as work days and sudenlly or hafta stay on later or days seeing people and it changes alot etc i completly lose interest. Cant stand it people never give you the full picture or randomly change there mind.

I tend to be early for all things. I have a small whiteboard on my wall for writing things I need to do and when, and I also do things in a certain order every day.

New Threads

Top Bottom