• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How are people so popular on Facebook

joe2006

I have been a member of Facebook since 2010 and currently have 65 friends and get 5-10 likes on my posts. It seems as if half the friend requests I send are being ignored. I know who all the people are I'm sending these requests to so they ought to be accepting. I send people messages but only a few people write back. I have noticed that my other friends have hundreds of friends and about three times more likes than I do. Now I usually post pictures of mountains and other pretty scenery on there. If I post these pictures on a photography site like 500px I get 40 likes in one hour and eventually 100-200 likes after everyone has viewed them. How is it that some people on Facebook have hundreds of friends and all these likes on their posts?

I have been a member of Facebook since 2010 and currently have 65 friends and get 5-10 likes on my posts. It seems as if half the friend requests I send are being ignored. I know who all the people are I'm sending these requests to so they ought to be accepting. I send people messages but only a few people write back. I have noticed that my other friends have hundreds of friends and about three times more likes than I do. Now I usually post pictures of mountains and other pretty scenery on there. If I post these pictures on a photography site like 500px I get 40 likes in one hour and eventually 100-200 likes after everyone has viewed them. How is it that some people on Facebook have hundreds of friends and all these likes on their posts?

To me... (and it's just an opinion, probably a bad one) but FB is nothing but High School for grown ups...
I gave up on it a long time ago and made my account inactive and have never messed with it since.
This site is literally my social media...

Here I am dealing with mostly like minded people... I don't feel I have to fake stuff, or compete, or anything... I don't care about the karma scores (I kind of wish they weren't even there)...

It sounds like you have found a better place to post what you like best... The media site on here is cool also if you want to share stuff like that... : )

It's facebook. Sadly facebook can be a bit like a teenage popularity contest, depending on the people and groups you follow. I have less than 100 "friends," some of whom I've unfollowed.
There's probably a third of those that I interact with regularly. I know people who have hundreds or thousands of ""friends" because they add everyone they meet or whoever likes a comment on a public post.

I follow people and groups that have similar interests and post interesting photos or memes. I also use it to stay informed of communit events and to play online scrabble.

Sadly I keep logging on to it. It's a bit like someone on a diet that keeps opening the fridge door hoping a hearty casserole or black forest cake has magically materialised.

Maybe you could try instagram for your photos. I'm not on it so not sure how it works.

Faecesbook and other social media are way overrated. I have an account, but only use it for a means for family to get in touch or to keep up with new music releases.

I think FB can ruin friendships or maybe it just opens your eyes to the fact that the person never really was your friend. I was on and most of my FB contacts were from various groups none of whom I'd met in real life except a few.

A friend I'd known from university whose b/f at the time had told me I was her best friend got married a few years back. Now in my mind a best friend is someone you tell everything to and the first person you want to share any good news with. Before social media we reguarly texted. At the time they had posted, I'd been in the process of changing BB provider so wasn't online for a couple of weeks so when I did come back on that post didn't show in my newsfeed. I found it by accident when someone commented on it and she replied and it came up as a fresh post on my newsfeed. I was actually very hurt by the fact I wasn't one of the people she had tagged that already knew before it was announced!
Eventually they came over and told me in person a month before the wedding because they wanted me to have their dog to save them kennel fees! I wasn't expecting to go to the wedding as it was abroad, but they did have a party for family and friends when they got home which I wasn't even invited to and she never mentioned to me directly (again saw posts on FB after the event).

I didn't have their dog as I wasn't in a good place mentally my support dog of 15yrs had died a few months before also, they were the first people in the house since the cremation service came and took my other dog away and the vets were here to PTS so my younger dog was also a bit stressed and growled and snapped at them (even though he'd known them from 8 weeks old). he could also maybe sense I was annoyed and didn't really want them here at the time.

I left FB using the PIP assessment as an excuse (I'd heard they check to see if you can use FB and could use it against you) so I deactivated my account after first downloading my fav photo's of my dogs. I haven't been back!

Had I not been on FB I'd have thought they were telling me first in person because I was a special friend and never realised everyone else knew months ago, so it has put a distance between us as I now know she can't see me as her best friend or I'd have been one of the first to be told not the last.

Usually people who party lots will have lots of people added. Same with social or active people. For others, they join groups talk to people in those groups and get adds there.

New Threads

Top Bottom