• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hola...

-SN

Not following the crowd is good but lonely
Hello all.

I recently had this great idea where aspies could connect with eachother to share ideas (not a dating site). I imagined that there would be many interesting topics and facts, and the most important part other aspies would actually be interested in hearing about them.

Then I thought someone probably already created this, and I should google it… and here I am. Ha.

A little bit about me:

I’m 37, married and living in Nashville TN.

We have 3 cats (great) and two dogs (I can’t stand them)

I was diagnosed in my late 20’s with aspergers.

I work as a design engineer for a Civil firm.

I enjoy creating and learning. My hobby is art and I have been doing it since I was a small child.

I am about to start flamenco guitar lessons

I recently sold my motorcycle, Yamaha sr500 custom Brat, and bought a vespa px150 (there is a story about it, I will have to tell later).

That’s about it, good to meet you all

Attachments

• asspie hole final-7-2015.08.09-12.34.19.jpg
    asspie hole final-7-2015.08.09-12.34.19.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 0
Welcome SN. I have those types of thoughts all the time. I remember as a kid thinking that someone should invent a machine that scraped the ice off of windshields so people wouldn't have to stand outside in the cold and do it. A few years later that became a reality on some higher end cars.

You have come to the right place. Welcome to the club.

I would love to hear why you gave up your motorcycle for a Vespa. It must be a pretty interesting story. We all know Vespas are cool, but, you know, aren't motorcycles.

thanks for the reply.

it was pretty surprising to most people and especially motorcycle guys. They seem to view vespas as feminine. Vespas just have so much style.

The story isn't about why i sold my motorcycle for a vespa... it's what happened the first time a rode it.

the short version:
I've ridden motorcycles for many many years with no accidents. I'm a very safe driver, you have to been riding motorcycles. Anyways my first test drive on the vespa (spotless, stock condition) i crashed it one block away from the dealership and broke my collarbone!!

I also learned a strange fact: They don't repair most broken collarbones. It really isn't broken, technically it's an AC joint separation. It just stays like that permanently. I was shocked when the doctor told me.

no... but that is cool, sin nombre. i like it.
i joke that it stands for Senor Nieve, because i'm so pale. ha.

gypsy kings are great!!!!

The attached image definitely relates to me, the amount of times I've been asked "what's the matter?", or worse, "what's your problem?" when I am feeling perfectly fine. My friend also often says I look "p***ed off" and tells me that I'm making unpleasant expressions when I'm simply concentrating on something and sometimes even when I'm relaxed, I wonder what I look like when I am really upset, or perhaps I then look really happy lol!

Anyway welcome to ASPIESCentral! :)

Anyone know how to find Latina Asperger chicks? (non-USA) I really want to marry an Asperger Latina lady lol but I am struggling to even find them... like tiny handfuls on facebook

New Threads

Top Bottom