• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hola a todos soy Luna/Hi everyone. I am Luna.

Luna BC

Hola, saludos a todos.
Durante toda mi vida me he sentido como de otro planeta, no he conseguido hacer amigos y he sufrido bullying. viendo un día un vídeo de una chica autista me di cuenta que lo que me pasaba era justamente eso. Después de hacer unos cuantos test de autismo online me he dado cuenta de que siempre saco entre 39 y 42 puntos de 50 totales . Necesito ayuda para manejar esta nueva situación. hay veces que les he dicho a mis padres que cierto ruido me molesta o me agobio rodeada de gente y siempre me dicen que no es para tanto, ¿alguien tiene algún consejo para poder contarles esto y que lo entiendan?
Muchas gracias por leerme.

Post #1 per google translate:

"Hello, greetings to all.
Throughout my life I have felt like I was from another planet, I have not been able to make friends and I have suffered bullying. One day watching a video of an autistic girl I realized that what was happening to me was exactly that. After taking a few online autism tests I have realized that I always score between 39 and 42 points out of 50 total. I need help to handle this new situation. There are times when I have told my parents that a certain noise bothers me or I get overwhelmed when surrounded by people and they always tell me that it's not that big of a deal. Does anyone have any advice on how to tell them this so they understand it?
Thank you very much for reading me."

Tienden a solo ver que te fijas en cosas que no tienen consecuencias (para ellos), y que te importan demasiado los ruidos; entonces que te cubras las orejas, no? No se les ocurre que tienes diferente estilo y método de pensamiento, y que eso afecta tu participación entre la sociedad, o que te niega oportunidades, y nadie te informa de lo que pierdes cuando deciden silenciosamente darte la espalda sin decirte porque.

1706467993579.png

si cuando hay ruidos fuertes suelo alejarme y cubrirme los oídos pero si no tengo más remedio que estar ahí pues me los tapo para minimizar el ruido.
Gracias por vuestra comprensión

1706467046372.png

Last edited by a moderator:
si cuando hay ruidos fuertes suelo alejarme y cubrirme los oídos pero si no tengo más remedio que estar ahí pues me los tapo para minimizar el ruido.
también suelo agobiarme si hay mucha gente a mi alrededor, siento como si me faltase el aire y quiero salir de ahí. Esto es otra cosa que mis padres dicen que no es para tanto o que me deje de tonterías. Sé que en el fondo me quieren y que lo dicen porque piensan que es lo mejor para mí pero me gustaría que se diesen cuenta de como siento las cosas y que dejasen de invalidar mis sentimientos. Gracias por compartir vuestra opinión

1706472936770.png

Hello and welcome Luna. I hope you can have a meaningful experience here on the forum. It may be helpful to you to read through different threads here and see where you can relate to others' experiences.

One area that may be helpful to you is the Resources section. You may be able to find something there that would be helpful to share with your parents so that they can begin to understand better.

Hola y bienvenida Luna. Espero que puedas tener una experiencia significativa aquí en el foro. Puede ser útil para usted leer los diferentes hilos aquí y ver dónde puede relacionarse con las experiencias de los demás.

Un área que puede serle útil es la sección de Recursos. Es posible que puedas encontrar algo allí que sea útil compartir con tus padres para que puedan comenzar a entender mejor.

Muchas gracias

Welcome @ Luna BC,

Since you are 16, it is likely you qualify for pediatric mental health services. If you are seeking a professional diagnosis, which I would encourage, I would do this before you turn 18.

That said, it appears you may be onto something with the "Aspie quiz" and scored well into the "autism zone". This test, and others like it, are not diagnostic, per se, but these tests are often the first that people encounter when they suspect they may have autism. I would let your parents be aware of your concerns but do consider that most people do not know what autism means. Some parents may try to disregard this potential diagnosis and try to convince you "this is a phase". If you have an appointment with your medical doctor coming up, this is another option, as your parents may be more open to accepting an opinion from your doctor and may be a way to get a referral to a psychologist for professional testing and diagnosis.

In the meantime, if you can, begin writing down your experiences that may be autistic-like behaviors. The diagnostic statistical manual (DSM) for autism can be found online. Look at it and see if anything appears pertinent. There are YouTube videos on autism by autistic content creators. This should get you started on your journey. Personally, I was able to make upwards of 170 different things that I thought were "autistic", and then presented it to my psychologist. I think it was quite helpful, as sometimes during a verbal, face-to-face interview, your mind can go blank and you won't be able to express things the way you want. Having that piece of paper in front of you can be helpful.

Last edited:

View attachment 125547

What I meant is that if you cite your noise sensitivity as an example, they think it's trivial, and they are not aware of how the underlying cognitive difference winds up excluding you from society, often without your immediate awareness, since you're not aware of opportunities which were denied to you in the first place.

I mostly noticed because I was ejected from high school, from college, from work several times, and then when I had something urgent to share, I could neither tell the world, nor form or join any sort of community. At that point, I became certain that all of the archetypes and indicators that apply to me mean that my thinking or outward presentation is way different.

And it's not just that people are offended by my conclusions. I can seldom get far enough in a conversation with someone to even attempt to know each other. They've made up their mind in an instant.

@Luna BC Like others mentioned, I would approach a psychologist or teacher at your school to ask for an evaluation. It could be autism or it could be not, but it is much better to discuss it with a professional. The quizzes err on the side of over-diagnose because they are screeners. With screener tests, the idea is not miss positive cases but the cost is to identify false positives. In other other words, a lot of people without autism are identified as maybe having autism. You could print the tests and show them to the school psychologist.

Como otros mencionaron, te sugiero preguntes a un psicólogo o maestro de tu escuela para pedirle una evaluación. Puede ser autismo o no, pero es mucho mejor consultar con un profesional. Los cuestionarios en internet tienden a producir sobrediagnóstico porque son evaluadores (screener tests). Con eas pruebas, la idea no es pasar por alto los casos positivos, pero el costo es que tienden a identificar mas falsos positivos. En otras palabras, esos tests dicen que muchas personas sin autismo pueden tener autismo. Podrias imprimir los tests para mostrarle al psicologo de tu escuela.

Hola, saludos a todos.
Durante toda mi vida me he sentido como de otro planeta, no he conseguido hacer amigos y he sufrido bullying. viendo un día un vídeo de una chica autista me di cuenta que lo que me pasaba era justamente eso. Después de hacer unos cuantos test de autismo online me he dado cuenta de que siempre saco entre 39 y 42 puntos de 50 totales . Necesito ayuda para manejar esta nueva situación. hay veces que les he dicho a mis padres que cierto ruido me molesta o me agobio rodeada de gente y siempre me dicen que no es para tanto, ¿alguien tiene algún consejo para poder contarles esto y que lo entiendan?
Try this Síndrome de Asperger - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre
all resources seem to be for young children

Hello Luna, welcome to the forum! Before going for the formal diagnosis, I informed myself for several months, took the Aspie quiz twice, and I'm sharing my result. Thanks to this and other tests, my psychiatrist took me more seriously and scheduled an appointment with a neurologist who conducted IQ tests and various cognitive function assessments, along with other general and personal questions. It's a costly journey (at least here), and it's up to you to decide if it's worth it! I wish you the best in your path, whatever choice you decide to pursue. P.S. I recommend gathering as much material as possible so that your therapist doesn't cast doubt on or challenge your convictions. The more evidence you have, the more credibility you bring!
(Aspie quiz link)
IMG_3998.jpeg

Hola, saludos a todos.
Welcome

New Threads

Top Bottom