• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hockey talk

mikemike

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for puck talk, if not, feel free to move or close.

Anyways. Anyone else a hockey fan? Played much of my life (goalie) and an avid fan of the NHL while watching minor league hockey and major junior leagues.

The pens beat the lightning last night to force a game 7 in the eastern conference finals! Tonight is game 6 in the western conference finals. Blues need to win to stay alive against San Jose. What ya got?

I like hockey too. I don't follow it too closely mind you though. I'd like to but I'd have to pay channel fees and then to watch it live it would be about 2 am and that's just not viable for me. I'd love to play it too, but in the UK there aren't many rinks, especially in my area.

It's difficult to say who will win the Stanley cup, all four teams deserve it really.

Being in the Great White North, all I'm doing is cheering for the Western Conference team in the finals. And counting the days to Patrik Laine. (And the end of Ondrej Pavelec's contract.)

Growing up Canada, I remember watching hockey from my playpen before I could even walk. As an adult I went to many hockey games at the Montreal forum. I was on a girl's hockey team as a teenager, but I often got benched for crying during the games when someone high sticked me or body checked me too hard. The coach would give us a talk before a game and one of the rules was 'no crying':) I was more of a figure skater than a hockey player. So my hockey career didn't last all that long.

My Grandfather played hockey, my Father played and eventually coached hockey and my brother played as well.
But yeah, I like hockey, especially the playoff's.

In the area that I live in hockey is so important that on playoff nights the entire town, stores, buses, businesses, close up early so that people can get home for the game. Everything is quiet, there's no traffic, except for the sounds of cheering and shouting coming from homes and apartment buildings. If a Canadian team wins, people drive around shouting and honking car horns with flags flying out of car windows.

Being in the Great White North, all I'm doing is cheering for the Western Conference team in the finals. And counting the days to Patrik Laine. (And the end of Ondrej Pavelec's contract.)
I'm just waiting to see who my beloved sabres get at pick 8

25 years in the making. Finally! Stanley Cup bound! :cool:

2689172009.gif

GO SHARKS! :)

Tough, hard-won playoff game won by the Sharks tonight. But they can still turn this around.

I really don't know. A couple years ago there was some sort of issue concerning the division they were in and they almost discontinued the program. I think they're in some "odd" division; they may have started their own as far as I know. The only thing I know about UAH hockey is the players destroy their rooms and I have to fix them.

UAH are in fact Division I in hockey. They play in the WCHA, which includes the two schools in Alaska. That's gotta be a fun road trip.

They were planning to move from DI to club level a few years ago but changed their mind.

The most well-known player from the program is Cam Talbot of the Edmonton Oilers, most recently seen backstopping Canada to the world championship.

UAH are in fact Division I in hockey. They play in the WCHA, which includes the two schools in Alaska. That's gotta be a fun road trip.

They were planning to move from DI to club level a few years ago but changed their mind.

The most well-known player from the program is Cam Talbot of the Edmonton Oilers, most recently seen backstopping Canada to the world championship.
See, I only follow the big 10 (go blue) in college, or any buffalo sabres prospects

The Sharks are still in this thing...although it still looks like quite an uphill battle to overcome the Penguins.

I know Judge, can't believe it myself. Quebec City lost the Nordiques, then built a new arena, and are they angry! They always disliked Bettman, actually made a movie called Bon cop bad cop in which he's kidnapped and portrayed as an evil guy who's really short and he's called Buttman in the movie. Probably one of the reasons they didn't get the franchise.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom