• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi!

GummiiBirdii

If rain can go away can mr. anxiety leave my head?
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum! Please just call me Gummii. I'm just a 13 yr old who's in many fandoms, loves birds, and has a artistic talent :p I first learned about aspergers mainly from the book 'Mockingbird', a book that is of the perspective from a girl with aspergers that is trying to understand empathy and grief for her brother's death.

My school diagnosed me with aspergers syndrome when I was in 2nd Grade, and even gave my mom papers/reports about it so she could try to officially diagnose me with it by a doctor. I have found out about this very recently since my mom didn't think I'd understand when I was younger and my father was terrified that I'd get bullied for it so I was never in special classes or the sort, I only have a school therapist for my social anxiety. Looking more into this, I definitely have signs of it. I have:
A very passionate interest for odd things that I love (1998 furbies and alpacassos as examples of passions I have)
A hard time with eye contact when talking with new people
I've shown a remarkable artistic talent from a young age (apparently this is common with autistic kids?)
I gather a ton of information for things I'm interested in
Can't allow different food touching each other and can't eat food with weird textures
Can't stand certain textures and feelings (which makes it hard for me with wearing certain things)
Sensitive to most loud noises
I notice small details that other people wouldn't notice
Have anxiety
Have more advanced vocabulary and intelligence than others my age (I knew how to read before I entered kindergarden when noone else knew how to in my classes, knew definitions of complex words, better academically than other students, could read 8th grade books when I was in 5th, etc.)
and probably a few other symptoms that I missed, still researching about it ^^

Luckily as of now it does not seem to be severe, as I behave "normally" like any other student at my school besides my symptoms, I have groups of friends, I understand empathy and I'm doing very well despite having no help for it like special classes or a therapist, I don't believe I'll be taking anything for it since my aspergers doesn't seem to be affecting me badly. Though it seemed that it was much worse when I was younger, when I had more obvious symptoms and disruptive. It'll be great to meet more people on here too! ^u^

Last edited:
welcome.png
Great to see you here!

Welcome :)

A very passionate interest for odd things that I love (1998 furbies and alpacassos as examples of passions I have)

I had a furby in 1998. My parents instantly regretted buying one each for my sister and I, when they realised you couldn't turn them off :D

I bought myself an alpacasso yesterday!

Can't allow different food touching each other and can't eat food with weird textures

Me too. I'll eat all the foods on my plate separately and usually in a certain order.

animated_welcome_image_0289.gif

Hello GummiiBirdii

I would be interested to know what fandoms are and the food with weird texture I can't eat are bananas although I actually don't mind the flavour so I like banana milkshake, how weird is that!

I would be interested to know what fandoms are-

Fandoms are basically communities filled with fans that have the same interest, there's usually conventions and forums for them! (EX: A community that focuses on liking a show, video game, book, etc. one big example of a fandom is the "Brony" fandom, a community that loves My Little Pony) I'm in various fandoms of many things ranging of about TV shows, movies, games and youtubers I like! :)

Welcome :)

I had a furby in 1998. My parents instantly regretted buying one each for my sister and I, when they realised you couldn't turn them off :D

I bought myself an alpacasso yesterday!

Yeah, they're pretty chatty. I have a collection of them, 10+ and counting! I even have the new Furby Connect that was released, but I'll always prefer the vintage ones from 1998 <3

Great to hear! They're so fluffy and adorable, I ordered three alpacassos online! Two should arrive this week actually! A giant white 'starbucks' maid one and a small valentines brown one.

When she was, not sure, maybe two and a half, my daughter took her Furby to the bath. We dried it off and put it up on the fireplace in the lounge and finally after three months it burst into life again.

New Threads

Top Bottom