• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi!

smebee

Hi,

I'm Sandy. I only recently was told by my gp that I may have aspergers, who sent me for therapy, who also believes I have AS. I am 35, and only discovered AS after being told that my son may have it too! Suddenly, life makes sense!

Sandy xx

Welcome :)

Many of us can relate to that feeling of "life suddenly making sense". I'm sure you'll find our community here, to be a fairly friendly, and informative, one. I've recommend a few links below too, should you be interested.

Resources: Autism & Asperger's Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Tony Attwood: Home

AS for women:

Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

Aspienwomen: Adult Women with Asperger Syndrome. Moving towards a female profile of Asperger Syndrome | Tania Marshall

Day 62: Females with Asperger’s Syndrome (Non-Official) Checklist | Everyday Asperger's

Hi Sandy,

Our society is interesting, many do not understand Aspergers, only severe Autism.

For this reason I did not know I was an Aspie until age 55. Just a few years back. Reading the traits for the first time was like reading my way of life.

I've always accepted people for who they are, and how we all can be different, including the challenges in life we face.

Like you, I find it best to know more of why I have select traits. I hope you can accept and manage your life and prosper, including you dear son. I've mostly focused on my strengths and work hard to manage my weaknesses, just like NT have to do, just in different abilities and levels of success.

Enjoy the forum!

Welcome aboard. :)
It is quite an "Ahaaaa" moment.
Enjoy the site
image.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom