• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi to everyone

Fer17

Hi,

My name is Fernando, my native language is not english, sorry for that. I don't now if I have Aspergers, when I was young (I'm 23 now) a physiologist told my mom that I was very smart but I will have problems with easy tasking like lace my shoes (this is not a problem), when I was in elementary school I didn't hang out with my classmates I prefer to go with the teachers or the director of the school, because I prefer to talk with them than with my class, I suffer from bulling because of that. I sometimes don't understand not literall talk, I'm getting used to a lot of things, for example I can talk more with people, but is more easy with strangers for short time. I dont have close friends, first I make strong bonds with my friends but fades away very quickly, sorry, I will try to improve my english.

Hi,

My name is Fernando, my native language is not english, sorry for that. I don't now if I have Aspergers, when I was young (I'm 23 now) a physiologist told my mom that I was very smart but I will have problems with easy tasking like lace my shoes (this is not a problem), when I was in elementary school I didn't hang out with my classmates I prefer to go with the teachers or the director of the school, because I prefer to talk with them than with my class, I suffer from bulling because of that. I sometimes don't understand not literall talk, I'm getting used to a lot of things, for example I can talk more with people, but is more easy with strangers for short time. I dont have close friends, first I make strong bonds with my friends but fades away very quickly, sorry, I will try to improve my english.

Age-discrepancies in peer relationships are very, very common among Aspies. Whatever your diagnosis, welcome to the forums! :)

Welcome :)

Don't worry, your English is good; I can understand you just fine.

English has a LOT of non-literal (figurative) language, so I can see how confusing it is. :) Lol I'm still confused by it even though I've only even spoken English! :p Sarcasm, especially.

Thanks fot the welcoming messages, I actually want to say that I found a relief, I was viewing other threads here and I feel so lonely, I now se that some behaviours of mine are "normal" in here.

Welcome Fernando, the more you use you english here the better you will get. You are doing alright so far.

Welcome! Your experience sounds a lot like mine.
A note: you can edit your posts, should you make a mistake. by using the edit button at the bottom. That way you can avoid double-posting.

Back to the thread!

Fernando, it's nice to meet you! Don't worry about your English. It will improve with immersion and practice. :)

Hi,

Hi, you still are very young.You can feel safe here, no bullies allowed.

Hi,

Hello,

I also tended to make friends with people that were not in my grade or school staff and was bullied. I also dislike how difficult it can be to make strong bonds with NTs (neurotypicals="normal" people), in particular. NTs tend to be much more superficial and so prefer things like small talk to deepen the relationship while those with Aspergers will jump right into deeper conversations to deepen relationships. This can have a large influence on feeling that you have close friends and keeping friends. Like every one else said, your English is not bad. What is your native language?

Hello,

I also tended to make friends with people that were not in my grade or school staff and was bullied. I also dislike how difficult it can be to make strong bonds with NTs (neurotypicals="normal" people), in particular. NTs tend to be much more superficial and so prefer things like small talk to deepen the relationship while those with Aspergers will jump right into deeper conversations to deepen relationships. This can have a large influence on feeling that you have close friends and keeping friends. Like every one else said, your English is not bad. What is your native language?

Hi, actually because that jump into deeper relationships is what I think scare them, I live in Mexico, my native language is Spanish.

New Threads

Top Bottom