• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi There

Roderick0616

Okay, where to start. You may refer to me as Roderick. I have been officially on the spectrum since I was ten; that was about fourteen years ago. I just graduated, in 2016, with a Bachelors degree and am currently enrolled in a Masters Program in Social Technology. My interests include reading (mostly historical works and philosophy), writing (when I am not typing up term papers, I am either writing essays or working on my novel), and watching TV. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Thank you

-Roderick

welcome.png
Good to have you here Roderick :)

Welcome! Could you elaborate a little on what a Masters in Social Technology teaches you? Just out of curiosity :)

Welcome! Could you elaborate a little on what a Masters in Social Technology teaches you? Just out of curiosity :)

It is an interdisciplinary program that teaches about online communities (e.g., motivations to contribute, how social ties are formed online, etc.), how technology innovates business (e.g., Social Media) and how corporations must adapt to this, social theory on rational technological societies, "trolling", radical political online communities (e.g., Stormfront) and other things.

Since it is interdisciplinary, drawing on communication studies, sociology, behavioral, and critical studies, what is taught depends on the class, but overall it deals with the implications and ramifications as society becomes more focused on technology. In essence, the program delves into social theory of the technological world, how to perform research within this (e.g., internet studies), and how this social technology (e.g., online communities, social media) permeates throughout society.

It is an interdisciplinary program that teaches about online communities (e.g., motivations to contribute, how social ties are formed online, etc.), how technology innovates business (e.g., Social Media) and how corporations must adapt to this, social theory on rational technological societies, "trolling", radical political online communities (e.g., Stormfront) and other things.

Since it is interdisciplinary, drawing on communication studies, sociology, behavioral, and critical studies, what is taught depends on the class, but overall it deals with the implications and ramifications as society becomes more focused on technology. In essence, the program delves into social theory of the technological world, how to perform research within this (e.g., internet studies), and how this social technology (e.g., online communities, social media) permeates throughout society.
Sounds very interesting!

hi roderick,welcome to AC,i like TV shows to,what do you like to watch?

when you say trolling stormfront,do you mean that is an 'activity' of yours? i think anyone who can successfully troll that locked down crazy site deserves a oscar...or something.

hi roderick,welcome to AC,i like TV shows to,what do you like to watch?

when you say trolling stormfront,do you mean that is an 'activity' of yours? i think anyone who can successfully troll that locked down crazy site deserves a oscar...or something.

I think it tends to vary what shows I like, so right now I like Shadowhunters, The fosters, Buffy, The Big Bang Theory, Real Housewives, Pretty Little Liars, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and others. Just can't think of anything else at this time.

I personally don't troll Stormfront, but have "lurked" as I didn't know what they were, but upon viewing various threads that were openly racist and homophobic I figured out it was a white supremacist community.

New Threads

Top Bottom