• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, Recently diagnosed as autistic classic

Homeschooling. Definitely homeschooling. No, joke. Someone posted a link for Internet-based courses. I actually wanted to work on developing a complete K-12 curriculum to save kids the horror of public schooling, but nobody cared in the least. Boy, I sure want to attend a school system run by people who don't care in the least.

Hi @nizamrcl , welcome to the forum, I hope you will find it useful... actually I'm pretty sure you will :)

Are you just after general advice on an autistic 5 year old, or are there special things you are after?

I often hear "How else are your kids going to become socially adapted?" They're never going to become socially adapted! You just are the way you are, or you're distorting yourself to fit people who can't stand you. That's my experience, anyway, with the usual disclaimer that mileage varies. But it can be the case, I would say.

Hi there, My 5-year-old kid recently diagnosed as autistic classic with diabetic type -1 (looking for some suggestions)
Hello and welcome to the forum. What sort of suggestions are you looking for?

welcome to af.png

Hello. As with several others, if you would like to give a bit more info about what you seek perhaps we may be able to offer suggestions.

HI @nizamrcl
Welcome to the Forums. Do hang around a bit and follow some conversations. Even try searching (the search engine is good) for the words topics that catch your interest.

Homeschooling. Definitely homeschooling. No, joke.
Yes. Better be careful when taking an autistic kid to an unknown place full of noisy unknown kids and performance pressures. I don't have any bad experience myself (that I remember - outside school work presentation in front of a class), but I have read enough horror stories about perfectly social, happy and balanced autistic children ending up to a catatonic perma-mute state after their first school day... I take he/she is in kindergarten, how he/she has managed that?

Oh... And welcome to the forums...

Yes. Better be careful when taking an autistic kid to an unknown place full of noisy unknown kids and performance pressures. I don't have any bad experience myself (that I remember - outside school work presentation in front of a class), but I have read enough horror stories about perfectly social, happy and balanced autistic children ending up to a catatonic perma-mute state after their first school day... I take he/she is in kindergarten, how he/she has managed that?

Oh... And welcome to the forums...
Society is truly toxic, and I think it's only gotten worse throughout my lifetime.

New Threads

Top Bottom