• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi I'm Eleasa

Eleasa

Hi!

My name is Eleasa and I am new here but I have aspergers and I'm 28 years old. The thing I like most is school and I like to collect dolls.

Ok. Bye for now.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Welcome to AC.

What kind/scale?

Oh I like to collect 18" dolls. I have American girl dolls and I have journey girl dolls. And I also have a set of 11" ever after high dolls. Like 12 of them. Me and my neice she is 6 we play together. She has two dolls. Oh and I have an Australian girl doll but she is really expensive cause she came from Australia.

I have been to the American girl store in Chicago. Took my niece because Josefina needed an updoo I think they called it. It was a hair salon for the dolls.
Welcome to AC. Hope everything is going well for you.

I have been to the American girl store in Chicago. Took my niece because Josefina needed an updoo I think they called it. It was a hair salon for the dolls.
Welcome to AC. Hope everything is going well for you.

I have never been that store yet but my dad got me grace for Christmas. I love her.

Oh I like to collect 18" dolls.

Alright, I have a silly question: Do people collect dolls specifically by their size, and are there 'standard' doll sizes across all types & styles ?

I would have assumed that doll collectors would have their collections arranged by type or style of doll, irregardless of size (ie; Barbie, Cabbage Patch kids etc...)

Alright, I have a silly question: Do people collect dolls specifically by their size, and are there 'standard' doll sizes across all types & styles ?
She can give the answer for her collection, but it varies with each collector and their collecting goals. (Mine are in my profile.)

Welcome Eleasa!

I had a small doll collection until I got married, my husband was bothered by them so I gave them to young girls who were in need of playthings. Good you get to keep yours. Mine represented different cultures and historical periods. I used to make lots of clothes and items for them, even built furniture for them. When I want to "visit" them now I can call every detail of each one to my memory, even remember the weight of each and the texture of their clothes, etc. I know the girls who got them love them too.

You are in school? What are you studying (favorite subjects)?

I would have assumed that doll collectors would have their collections arranged by type or style of doll, irregardless of size (ie; Barbie, Cabbage Patch kids etc...)
I always kept my dolls with others of like sizes. It looked very strange to me if the scales got mixed.

Um. Ok I gotta try to answer everybody.

I guess I don't really collect them I just play with them. I mean I like have the whole collection but I just like to dress them up and play with them.

I have them based on which ones I like. I currently have 4 journey girl dolls which are from toys r us. And I have one American girl doll. And one Australian girl doll. She was very expensive.

I also have the ever after high dolls which are like the siZe of Barbie dolls.

Yes I get to keep all my toys because I am legally adult but pretty much still a kid. My therapist says it's because I regressed when I was raped.

I have a trust fund and I get money every month so I can buy toys or whatever I want and I live with my mom and sisters and neice.

I never really ever had a boyfriend. Well I am not into guys like that yet. I just like to have friends. I never even kiss a guy. I never did smoking or drink adult drinks.

I hope I answered the doll question.

And I'm in school mostly cuz it keeps me focused and busy and gives my parents a break haha. My favorite subject I think would have to be math.

I just ordered a new doll! I can't wait to get her next week!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 190
I am sorry to hear that you were raped. As it turns out, my interest (in dolls/figures & figure drawing) may have partly been in response to some molestation in my early teens (as a way to sort out gender differences & sexual propriety).

It's ok cause it was long time ago. I am happy being me. A kid and all. Haha. I'm just more I guess immature than most in their 20's. But it's ok. I get a long great with my 6 year old neice lol.

Welcome aboard Eleasa. My wonderful friend on here Adora also collects dolls, so you'd have much to talk about with her. And I collect vinyl records.

Welcome aboard Eleasa. My wonderful friend on here Adora also collects dolls, so you'd have much to talk about with her. And I collect vinyl records.

Yeah I have to talk to her. How do I talk with her?

I was kind of sad about collecting dolls yesterday cause people told me I wasn't normal cause I had dolls.

A lot of adult collectors of dolls & figures get that. Kid collectors usually have just a handful of figures. Typically, adult collectors have ever-growing populations. ;)

There are a lot of forums online for adults who collect various types of dolls. Just Google [forum "type of doll that you collect"].

My pages have links to various 1:6 scale forums.

(You can talk to Adora, too.)

Last edited:
View attachment 22854 View attachment 22855 View attachment 22854

Oh I like to collect 18" dolls. I have American girl dolls and I have journey girl dolls. And I also have a set of 11" ever after high dolls. Like 12 of them. Me and my neice she is 6 we play together. She has two dolls. Oh and I have an Australian girl doll but she is really expensive cause she came from Australia.

I'm so sorry I have to ask this, but, have any of them ever came alive and tried to steal your soul, cause mischief, kill people or other things that evil dolls get up to at night????

New Threads

Top Bottom