• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

hi everyone. 29 m bc canada

chuckintime

Hi everyone.

Im pretty new here, and its only the third day since I found out I have aspergers, im still kinda swirling with different feelings. But one thing I know for sure is after 29 years of feeling disconnected and alone, now that I know there are people out there that will understand or are like me I need to meet some of them and talk to them. I hope that's not too weird.

Hi everyone.

Im pretty new here, and its only the third day since I found out I have aspergers, im still kinda swirling with different feelings. But one thing I know for sure is after 29 years of feeling disconnected and alone, now that I know there are people out there that will understand or are like me I need to meet some of them and talk to them. I hope that's not too weird.

Welcome Chuck. There is no "weird" here that I can see. Just people able to identify with one another based on where they are on the spectrum.

It's a good thing. Like coming into a warm room from a very long cold spell.

Hi there, and welcome from a fellow Aspie Canuck!

I discovered my Asperger's at 32, just a year ago. It's been a crazy ride! But I've found much solace here, even just browsing old threads and relating to what others are going through.

I normally wouldn't participate in a forum online, but this one feels safe. :)

Hey there. Nice to meet you and, yeah, I can understand the confusion of having to deal with the whole new knowledge, but take comfort in the fact that now you know, which means you can now start working on getting help and understanding it.

Hey there. Nice to meet you and, yeah, I can understand the confusion of having to deal with the whole new knowledge, but take comfort in the fact that now you know, which means you can now start working on getting help and understanding it.

That's some solid advice. Thanks rooster, and everyone else too. So does anybody have any advice on what I should do next? like is it worth going to my doc? hes kind of an asshole, I have gone to him forever and he diagnosed adhd, anxiety, social anxiety, depression, bi polar, ptsd, and when the medications never helped me he determined I was "fine" and either lying or crazy. I guess what im wondering is can the doctor really help me much anyways? it seems y'all can teach me more then him anyways.. I dunno what should my next move be... I feel that after learning this, something must be done, just having trouble getting there.

New Threads

Top Bottom