• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi! Age 39 recently diagnosed with asperger's

Christopher Nicholson

How to start. I had a lot of trouble in early childhood and had to be moved to a class for special needs so I guess that was the first sign of an issue. I made it out of high school and said what the heck, join the USMC. After 2 years I was medically retired. Once I figured out the service I loved the set routine. Sometimes had trouble understanding orders but you learn quick. I have nearly all the symptoms of asperger's, I have never had a friend, I don't recall have a real conversation. Seems all my life all my social interactions have been scripted. I do not understand other people I almost don't see people as people more like objects. I feel strange even standing with people. I must stick to a routine if something interferes I get a lot of anxiety and sometimes anger. I take too many things literal which now makes kind of review some things I have said in the past in anger to people. I would like to be sociable I just can't expect people to be patient with me. I must say when I was told about this condition I was relieved because I truly thought I was an alien.

I felt many of the things you did. Welcome to Aspie Central. By the way, I am envious the you made it in to the Marine Corp. I think it's a wonderful thing to be proud of. :)

Welcome Chris , quote from my dear old mum "we are normal they are insane" or in your case alien , I'm hoping that comment is appropriate not to sure now but going to go ahead and post anyway haha

My mother recent hurt her back and sent me to the store to pick up a few things for her. before I left she asked if I had ate and insisted I take a grilled cheese sandwich. I don't even eat those anymore.

So off to the store I went. I had to get 1 lb of sliced cheese. I asked to for the most expensive and they asked what is this cheese for and I said well my mom wanted it for grilled cheese sandwiches and I figure get her the good stuff.

The young woman went on to say if I ever had an extra sandwich she would take it and told me the hours she worked. I then said "I if I had a grilled cheese sandwich right now, do you want it?" And she said yes!

So I gave her the sandwich I had just put in my coat pocket still warm!

I think I might ask her out.......

I once came home from work late, it was about 1 am and on the porch was my cat sitting on the chair.I said "kitty! What the heck you doing out here!". So I went over and picked her up.

It was then, both myself and this animal realized something was wrong! I realized this was not my cat, or a cat at all and the animal realized some dumb human picked it up.

Needless to say, the animal introduced me to its claws and I introduced it to a "yelp". Lesson learned.

Yikes! I did that once to a cat too!!!!!!!!!! ha ha! Only, I used my most commanding voice. I told that cat (in no uncertain terms) to come over here and obey me!!!!!!!!! It looked at me funny (cocked it's head or whatever) , then, it walked towards me! as if I was it's kitty cat mama. When it was closer, I realized it was not my cat at all! Different cat! funny story. Who says cats can not be trained? ; ) anyone can be tamed, if they want to............ (Little Prince, Saint-Exupery, loosely quoted...)

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry Quotes (Author of The Little Prince)

New Threads

Top Bottom