• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey, new here

OK, from what I can figure out after a quick Google, I'm an asexual demiromantic. Still figuring out the specifics, but that seems to be in the general ballpark....

Thanks, meff. You've helped me start to unravel a mystery about myself. Always thought something was wrong with me...

I've been to Wrong Planet. Didn't really feel comfortable there either, so you're not alone on that.

OK, from what I can figure out after a quick Google, I'm an asexual demiromantic. Still figuring out the specifics, but that seems to be in the general ballpark....

Thanks, meff. You've helped me start to unravel a mystery about myself. Always thought something was wrong with me...

I've been to Wrong Planet. Didn't really feel comfortable there either, so you're not alone on that.

Oh, AspiesCentral are much more acceptable of your problems.. I just got a big "Go away" in my face when I went to WrongPlanet.

Oh, AspiesCentral are much more acceptable of your problems.. I just got a big "Go away" in my face when I went to WrongPlanet.
I don't remember my exact experience there, but I know it wasn't positive and they came off to me as elitist snobs.

Yeah I went there to clear up some confusions that were keeping me on the fence about self-diagnosing and some of the responses felt condescending and irritated. I'm very sensitive to tone and I just felt a lot of tension in the way some of the people talked to me. :/ It also just has a tense, negative energy that this place completely lacks.

I don't remember my exact experience there, but I know it wasn't positive and they came off to me as elitist snobs.
Same, they really don't seem to have much tolerance for confusion or misunderstanding.

Same, they really don't seem to have much tolerance for confusion or misunderstanding.
Yeah that was probably it with me. I'm currently self diagnosed, and I keep being indecisive about it because people keep discouraging me about the possibility of it, but at the same time, it fits more than anything else I've ever researched or been diagnosed with, I understand others with it better than I've ever understood anyone with other conditions, and I just keep discovering more and more stuff that makes me say OMG me too. If I ever seek diagnosis after I get things taken care of with my son, it'll primarily be just to put my mind at ease and give others the big I TOLD YOU SO. :p

Yeah I went there to clear up some confusions that were keeping me on the fence about self-diagnosing and some of the responses felt condescending and irritated. I'm very sensitive to tone and I just felt a lot of tension in the way some of the people talked to me. :/ It also just has a tense, negative energy that this place completely lacks.

If for example, I'd get told off from one of the mods for doing something in a way that would be offensive to another person, they'd easily understand and talk to you in a way that is not negative or degrading of you.

But nothing like the above "example" has ever happened. Everyone is positive and friendly, even if someone is stressed or condescending. Someone is always here to cheer that person up. I think that makes AspiesCentral more unique to other forums because we have such a friendlier approach to our own kind.

The Staff and Moderators talk to us in a way where we don't feel like we are being told what to do. Yes there are rules, but we aren't reminded of them every 10 minutes, like other forums. The thing that sets us aside from any other forum is that we are understanding to any person that comes in here. And the fact that we welcome everyone, despite their own personal troubles.

I don't want to seem like we are bashing other forums. So keep this on a low key. I don't think any other forum would like being downgraded by other members from other forums. Even if they are irritating. That's life. Be the better person and just ignore the ignorant people in life. :)

Wait, there are rules here? :O

Why wasn't I informed of this? ;-)

General Rules & Guidelines | AspiesCentral.com

Droopy said way back in 2011 that these rules are only enforced if there are too many broken rules. But normally, in the experience that I have been here. Everyone has been abiding by those rules, and there has been a positive approach to rule-breakers.

If someone doesn't understand a particular rule, an admin/staff/mod is quick to the pulse in spotting it and moderating it when necessary. The mod or staff member usually explains it nicely to the member. Instead of enforcing an unfair ban.

Though, I have never experienced anyone being banned on this forum. Only topics which I have seen and they've had to be closed. But I have never experienced someone getting banned.

Yes that was where I unsuccessfully tried to get in before coming here. Sounds like I didn't miss much. I didn't say the name before since I've been to other forums where mentioning a competing forum is taboo.

Though, I have never experienced anyone being banned on this forum. Only topics which I have seen and they've had to be closed. But I have never experienced someone getting banned.

I remember a banning. When someone does get banned, the moderators don't exactly broadcast it over every channel. And I like it that way.

Yes that was where I unsuccessfully tried to get in before coming here. Sounds like I didn't miss much. I didn't say the name before since I've been to other forums where mentioning a competing forum is taboo.
Yes, it is bad form, but well... We're not getting out of hand with it from what I can tell, either. And honestly it's comforting to know I'm not the only one that didn't fit in there specifically.

I remember a banning. When someone does get banned, the moderators don't exactly broadcast it over every channel. And I like it that way.

Yep, I like it that way! It also helps the fact that it doesn't create drama too. :)

And I'm so glad to hear that! I know I felt so very lost and confused until I discovered I was aromantic asexual, so it makes me so happy to help other people find the same relief.

I don't want to seem like we are bashing other forums. So keep this on a low key. I don't think any other forum would like being downgraded by other members from other forums. Even if they are irritating. That's life. Be the better person and just ignore the ignorant people in life. :)
Ah yeah I didn't mean to start a WP hate train, I often lose sight of the difference between voicing feelings and needlessly jumping on another party. Thanks for the reminder, sometimes we need to be alerted to the potential effects of our actions.

Joshua717

60029a87d675ec070f06296fa38b95b6.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom