• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey All...

nbtxdude

V.I.P Member
Hey everyone...

My name is Jeffrey and I'm a 40 year old male who was diagnosed with Asperger's this past Spring while at college going back for a Master's Degree. I should have known all of my life because I'm very different than other people around me and I've always wondered what was wrong with me to be so "weird". It finally felt awesome to finally figure out why I was this way. However, getting diagnosed was a struggle as my psychologist didn't want to "saddle" me with a diagnosis that could possibly only cause difficulties for me in the future (re discrimination in the work place).

My struggles are typical of Aspies - I have difficulty in social situations, can't look other people in eyes, and have unsteady gait issues. Having Asperger's and Depression/Self Esteem issues can be very difficult...

If you have done the RDOS test, my results are:
Your Aspie score: 170 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 25 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie
(Aspie-quiz)

I like your story, Jeffery. I'm glad you found out about your diagnosis. The knowing is a good thing. Life didn't fit like that for me until my son's diagnosis when he was 5. I'd always felt different, but in my world it didn't have a name for it for me until he had it, too.

I just wanted to say, in a way, I relate. Welcome to the boards.

Welcome to AC! I'm glad you found out, sounds like you found out like I did when I was going for my masters too. Welcome Welcome!!!:)

AC-Welcome-Banner.png

New Threads

Top Bottom