• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey all, I'm alive

Quasar

Hey everyone!

Just checking in because I know I haven't posted anything here in ages. I've just been really busy lately, as I managed to get a job in November. About to be my third month working there and its going well aside from having to work crazy weekend hours until I can afford a car of my own so I can fix my schedule.

I work in the kitchen of a physical rehab hospital. I(and others) work with the resident dietitian, who sets diets for patients. Its then our jobs to make sure the foods they are allotted by their diets. Sometimes the doctors change things, so we have to check a patient roster several times a day and adjust menus accordingly. Some may need Ensure 2 or 3 times a day, or Glucerna, or Juven or Jevity or Nepro, etc... quite a lot to it and I still have a lot to learn. Mostly, its just arbitrary stuff, doing things the way they want, etc. I've gotten pretty good at getting stuff done and catching things food-wise. The job does require a lot of social interaction though, and that is an area I have always struggled in. I often feel like I don't say enough, or the right things, etc. I'm sure a lot of you can relate to that. Not my dream job, but it is interesting. I've been using the stuff I learn to eat healthier myself. It helps I can actually cook, though I don't really "cook" per say in my job. I do more the baking/stocking/desert kind of stuff. In other words, I have the hard job, lol. I'll get awesome experience for the future from it, if nothing else.

So, that's where I've been and what I've been doing... I'll try to start posting more often, I'm just often so tired these days I don't feel like posting much.

Welcome back Quasar, I wondered what happened to you on here.
Sounds like you've been a pretty busy guy.

thanks, guys. Yes, I definently have been, superboyian, hehe. Been learning all sorts of new stuff.

New Threads

Top Bottom