• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Help me think of an oldies song?

Candypanda

I know oldies can mean a lot of things to a lot of people, but a few years ago I remember listening to a song on the oldies radio station in the morning when my alarm (the radio) played.

It my mind it was something about a train or car and upbeat. Maybe someone was going somewhere? It might have also been a gas station but I cant remember the beat or lyrics to be more helpful.

The song gave me life and I could use that rn. Any ideas of what it could have been or where to start looking? I'm not in the same area anymore to just turn on the radio forever until it played (if they still use the song)

You might try a Youtube search for it,they have a pretty good system in place for finding videos.

Type in your vague idea of what the song is, and you might get lucky.

Also try Wikipedia, it knows everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm....I think we'd need more information than just trains or cars. But the first songs that come to mind would be these:

I'm considerably older than you are, so "oldies" really mean oldies to me. :p

Also knowing the music genre would help a lot.

Thanks for tips. I have done Google searches and listened to a lot of music but I have no idea what the song was (although I'd hope that I would recognize it if I heard it) which makes it difficult. I was 9-11 years old at the time any my other favorite song was Sweet Pea by Tommy Roe (
).

The channel website says "The TRUE OLDIES CHANNEL is a 24/7/365 STREAMING MUSIC STATION dedicated to honoring the greatest Rock & Roll music ever recorded, with a spotlight on the greatest hits from the 60's and 70's, plus a few tossed in from the 80's."

I'm now guessing that my thought about a train would have been from a separate song, being Long Black Train.

The might have been a bit of counting to the song or references to minutes of time?

There's always Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" ;)

Or Cat Steven's "Peace Train"

Last edited:
IMG_0340.GIF
Do you think it was the 50s 60s 70s
Try the eagles ,buddy holly ,jerry lee Lewis on YouTube

Well there's Johnny Cash and "Folsom Prison Blues"....but that train doesn't have a happy destination! :eek:

Great song though. :cool:

All good songs. So far the song that "feels" the closest is

ETA: "feel" like the pace and energy of it. I think it was a song about getting up or leaving the house to do some activity. It may have involved counting or references to numbers.

New Threads

Top Bottom