• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Help!!! Best noise blocking lightweight earmuffs/headphones?

DogzSpirit

Constantly evolving. Friends welcome.
V.I.P Member
Trying to enjoy some peace and quiet without driving others nuts by making demands.

Any suggestion on something that blocks noise that is not an earplug?

Or if earbuds are my only real option for lightweight, anyone find something comfy?

Funny how some sounds that have purpose and joy (dogs barking) are perfectly fine and others drive me up the wall (Spotify playing loud all day/nonstop).

I can sympathize. If you don't like earplugs, other than earbud the only other option is over the ear headphone-types of units.

These are certainly not small, but I own at least six pair of them. I have a few in the garage and the rest in different rooms of the house for when I need them. No batteries required and they're comfortable.

10A.png

I can sympathize. If you don't like earplugs, other than earbud the only other option is over the ear headphone-types of units.

These are certainly not small, but I own at least six pair of them. I have a few in the garage and the rest in different rooms of the house for when I need them. No batteries required and they're comfortable.

10A.png

What are these called or where can they be purchased?

One big

Basic "Ear Protectors"....used at firing ranges, construction sites...etc. I keep a pair of them at home as well. Bent them to make them more comfortable as most are quite tight around the head/ears. The higher the NRR (noise reduction rating) the better.

There are many brands as you can see...and a whole lot cheaper than complex noise reduction headphones.

Amazon.com : ear protectors

The pair that I posted a picture of are made by the David Clark Company located in the U.S. I believe they're manufactured in the U.S. as well. They are a company that primarily specializes in aviation headsets.

I also own a stereo headset from them with a 3.5mm jack for listening to music.
10S-DC.png

And I own a computer headset from them with a USB port. That's what I use for making my video calls.

H-PCnew.png

I've you're going to buy something from them, they have upgraded "gel pad" rings that fit around the ears (the black rings). I like those better than the stock black rings which are filled with a foam.

New Threads

Top Bottom