• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, newly diagnosed at age 40

Nesspie

Hi everyone, I'm Ness. I've just been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at age 40. I can't believe it took so long to get a diagnosis! I'm still taking it in, it's only been a week or two that I've known.

All my life I've been painfully shy and quiet (almost mute) though somehow managed to end up getting married and having 3 sons but struggled with alot of depression and anxiety. So now it turns it out there was even more to it than that.

Anyway don't know what else to say, I'm really sucky at communicating, even on forums as it turns out.

Hope to get know some fellow Aspies here. :)

Ness

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Have you by any chance read the book Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robison? Robison was diagnosed with AS at about the same age as you, and I have a feeling that you could probably relate to some of his experiences.

Thanks.

Yes I have read his books. Funnily enough they were part of what lead to me getting a diagnosis.

Have you by any chance read the book Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robison? Robison was diagnosed with AS at about the same age as you, and I have a feeling that you could probably relate to some of his experiences.

Yep. I think late diagnosis presents its issues - and beauty, too

New Threads

Top Bottom