• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello I'm Melody.

Heymelody!

I'm 21 years old and I got diagnosed with aspergers about five months ago. I'm reading and learning up on AS to figure myself out. And you can only learn so much from books. That I would like to talk to people who has AS and have them share there thoughts and ideas on everyday things we deal with.

Greeting Melody, I'm Craig, it's nice to meet you.

And you can only learn so much from books. That I would like to talk to people who has AS and have them share there thoughts and ideas on everyday things we deal with.

Sadly, a lot of what I've read about Autism and Asperger's Syndrome doesn't match up with most other Autistic people I've met face to face, and Ive met several hundred people that have been diagnosed, and even some children that haven't been diagnosed but had all the signs.

My advice for you Melody is to ignore Aspies Central for the moment, instead you should be trying to find more of our kind to meet face to face, see if there are any clubs or groups in or near your local area that are there to provide those of us with the gift to communicate and interact with one another. It is much better to have that experience first before trying to communicate through chat rooms and forums.

Well the thing is I haven't been able to find a club or group that is in my age range. There are many groups for adolescents and for adults over the age of 30. But I'm 21 I want to talk with people that are having the same issues and that are dealing with the change from child to adult.
And knowing that everyone with AS is different, knowing from my own experience my younger cousin (he's 14) also has AS. Me and him can talk for hours and I help him a lot especially with high school. But since he's younger then me it's hard for him to help me.
So reading and looking for people with AS is the only thing that will help me right now.

Welcome to the group! Talking online to other other Aspies has helped me a lot. May your journey of Aspie self discovery be a good one!

I believe (especially with us), that balance is most important. All information is good, it is what you do with it that can be bad. This is a great place to find courteous advice and information. We hope that you feel at home here, and that you use it as often as you like. It is free.
Welcome to this family.

New Threads

Top Bottom