• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello from Germany

aspieworldcitizen

Hi everyone,

I am a 33-year-old female recently unofficially diagnosed with Aspergers. My psychologist is pretty sure I have it, but he isn't trained to run a complete diagnosis, and there is currently a 6-month waiting period where I live. So I think I'm going to wait until I go back to the US (where I've spent most of my adult life) for a visit next year and get it diagnosed there, in a language I fully understand. I grew up in South America, and I always felt different from other people and was the weirdo in school - I just didn't know exactly what was wrong. It's helpful to finally get an explanation, though I'm currently pretty depressed due to something that happened recently as a result of my Aspergers. However, I'm lucky to have a very supportive husband who loves me for who I am and believes in me even when I don't.

I am very grateful to all the people here who share their experiences and provide support for one another, and I look forward to learning from all of you, and to eventually provide the same help, support, and friendship that you all do.

As you can tell by now, I've lived in three countries in three continents, hence the "world citizen" name.

Hello, willkommen, and bienvenue! I found out I was Aspie about three years ago. Dealing with my diagnosis was tough, but I had help from family and friends. Hopefully we can support you as you go through this process. :)

Well, hello!!

I also grew up in South America, and still live there. Speaking of Germany, I have some german colleagues in my university.

Welcome to our humble forums!

Hi there AWC & welcome to our site! there are many un-diagnosed or self-diagnosed Aspies here. I was one myself until I was diagnosed in Spring. I hope you enjoy being here as much as most of us do. We are truly an international group with members of every background imaginable. I'm glad you found us!

Hi AWC! Welcome to Aspies Central.

I think you have found just the place to interact with others who are in the same boat as you are. We come from all countries; diversity is one of the many things that is so awesome about this forum. Feel free to chat and interact with us any time you like.

New Threads

Top Bottom